Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Go Bears!
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I play volleyball - all about fast twitch and anaerobic. Needless to say I'm not a great climber, but a couple of months on the bike commuting has definitely helped with the conditioning, even for volleyball.

Does a 30" vertical leap translate into a 30" bunnyhop? (not that I have either one)

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot about snowboarding. I was an instructor for a season but nowadays I don't have as much time for it. There were some benefits to being unemployed...

·
Registered
223 Posts
My mainstays have been basketball and mtn biking - but I'm up for pretty much any sport - used to play tons of soccer and volleyball...I golf on occassion (but suck at it), like to snowboard in the winter and head out to the desert for some off-road fun. Obligatory church softball league...and pretty much anything else anyone wants to do/play.

I'd really like to explore multi-day hiking and backpacking a bit more...or even multi-day trips on bikes.

·
Keep The Rubber Side Down
1,685 Posts
I think My Avatar says it all...

I've been playing b-ball since the age of 11. Kind of a late start, but I made up for it ;-)

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
Regularly, mountain biking and snowboarding in the winter but I wont say no to other sports. I used to skateboard everyday but I eventually stopped, I'm too old I guess. I was in soccer teams for a few years, I played handball, basketball, did a few XC-running races too. Now, I cant run for too long, it hurts my right knee that I injured in a mountain bike crash years ago... All that skateboarding and snowboarding might not help it either. I have to ice it after long days/nights of snowboarding but luckily, it doesn't hurt when riding the bike.

·
ceteris paribus
593 Posts
I do some hiking every once in a while. It really helps me get some extra strenght for pushing harder gears.

·
Registered
631 Posts
sports

Snowboarding is my other big sport (and I've been doing it longer than mountain biking). Biking is great cross-training for snowboarding.

As for team sports, I like street hockey and volleyball. Used to play tennis more, but not much lately. Some running just to stay fit.

·
A wheelist
5,991 Posts
Just bike riding - and for the last 42 years too. Road, mtb, track - it's all good. I don't have time, money or energy for anything else.

And as I get older and less able to recover I'm only doing ¼ - ½ of what I used to be able to do so mental burnout won't be an issue.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is bear taunting a sport?

Have been out of the mtb game for almost 2 years. In the meantime I've been: rockcrawling (albeit as a newbie, it's not a physical sport, but damn it gets the adrenelin flowing), hiking in the mountains, went through a brief bear taunting phase when I was living in the almost Arctic, it's a rush, but can prove to be too fatal. Buying a new skateboard (old school Cabellero replica) and getting my mtb up and running again next week.

·
Turner Homer
1,227 Posts
mudferret said:
Have been out of the mtb game for almost 2 years. In the meantime I've been: rockcrawling (albeit as a newbie, it's not a physical sport, but damn it gets the adrenelin flowing), hiking in the mountains, went through a brief bear taunting phase when I was living in the almost Arctic, it's a rush, but can prove to be too fatal. Buying a new skateboard (old school Cabellero replica) and getting my mtb up and running again next week.
Well, I play lacrosse in the spring, I also fish, and I also play with rc nitro gas powered cars, and also paintball every once and a while.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts