Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Occasional treat
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want to mount a non-tubeless tyre on a UST rim (crossmax SL) without a tube, perhaps with a little bit of sealant. I know some tyres work OK for this (due to a smaller bead diameter I think), and some tyres just won't inflate. Is there any list on the web of tyres that work in this way? If not can we start one off here? Am particularly interested in Schwalbe RR & NN.

-I know that Nokian NBX lite 2.2 folding works
-Conti Speed King Supersonic 2.1 doesn't
-Conti Mountain King Supersonic 2.2 doesn't

(all were tested on a Mavic Crosstrail disk 2008)

·
Registered
284 Posts
I use wirebead Maxxis crossmarks on Crossmax SL with Stans with no issues. Wouldn't work without stans as it seems to leak a fair bit but works fine with Stans.

Have had hassles when using over 50PSI with the tyre delaminating and the tread coming off but seems to work fine if I stay to 45PSI.

I have heard to not use non wire bead tyres as the others can break on the bead easier and then come off. Use either wirebead or proper UST tyres.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
I have been using a Kenda Nevegal 2.35 Stick-E with Stans on a 819 rim for almost 6 months now. No problems.

I like the idea of making a list like this. Anybody know if a Nokian NBX 2.4 works tubeless? How about a Vertical Pro (not protection)?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have Mavic Crosstrails as well. Kenda Karma 2.0, Nevegal 2.1, Maxxis Crossmark 2.1 all work well for me. Generally regular Kenda and Maxxis tyres work well for tubeless application.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Conti Explorer SS 2.1...yes
Conti Mtn King SS 2.4...no
2.1 Fire XC pro...yes
2.35 nevegal...yes
2.3 small block 8...yes, but the tire is fragile for tubeless

All on Stan's Olympic ZTR rims

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.