Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
the bomb
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wish I could have gone! I was hoping for some pics. anyone, anyone?

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
pfunk said:
wish I could have gone! I was hoping for some pics. anyone, anyone?
I have some, will try and post later. It's been a crazy week at work! I started to post stuff but I accidentlaly deleted it and then said fork it.

WOW was great fun. I met sunnyrace girl and dirtcrab. I did a DH clinic, and met a lot of cool gals. I was too lazy to race on Sun, went for a mellow ride that ended up being like 2000+ feet of climbing in 3.5 hours at altitude (not so mellow!) but was fun. Big Bear is great.

·
the bomb
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool

take your time, I was just curious ;) glad you had a good time

·
Registered
122 Posts
I was impressed....

when I looked at Team Big Bear results for WOW. Impressed with the number of women of all abilities that participated. I come from an area where no women ride. The only women riders I ride with are at races or flings, or when *rt* came out west.

Coming from Brian Head a week ago, I was dropped by quite a few of the female racers....then there was the AZ fling were I was humbled by the abilities of many female riders....then there was *rt* who never once complained when I drug her up into the cold, windy and wet mountains from a perfect sunny day at the beach....But, then again there is my wife, who will stay up all day and night in support at a 24 hr race...

·
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee
66 Posts
Impy said:
I have some, will try and post later. It's been a crazy week at work! I started to post stuff but I accidentlaly deleted it and then said fork it.

WOW was great fun. I met sunnyrace girl and dirtcrab. I did a DH clinic, and met a lot of cool gals. I was too lazy to race on Sun, went for a mellow ride that ended up being like 2000+ feet of climbing in 3.5 hours at altitude (not so mellow!) but was fun. Big Bear is great.

Glad to here you had fun at WOW :) Did you meet sunnyracegirl before or after her trip to the doc? She took two real good falls. I was there :(
I had an awesome time instructing. I had 6 women in the intermediate advanced dh class.
My girls all did real well and 3 of them raced on Sun. What group were you in and who instructed? Was this your first time in BB?

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
downhilldoll said:
Glad to here you had fun at WOW :) Did you meet sunnyracegirl before or after her trip to the doc? She took two real good falls. I was there :(
I had an awesome time instructing. I had 6 women in the intermediate advanced dh class.
My girls all did real well and 3 of them raced on Sun. What group were you in and who instructed? Was this your first time in BB?
I met sunny in the beginning. Didn't know she fell :(

I think you were teaching my friend cheryl. I was in the intermediate intermediate class. I saw you fly by demo'ing that steep off camber section that alot of people were having trouble with. Didn't realize it was you! I'm blanking on my instructors name, there were two actually - we had a big group, like 14 people or someting and a variety of levels.

I've now dl'd the photos to the computer, will post em soon i promise :) I'm a slacker this week :)

·
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee
66 Posts
Impy said:
I met sunny in the beginning. Didn't know she fell :(

I think you were teaching my friend cheryl. I was in the intermediate intermediate class. I saw you fly by demo'ing that steep off camber section that alot of people were having trouble with. Didn't realize it was you! I'm blanking on my instructors name, there were two actually - we had a big group, like 14 people or someting and a variety of levels.

I've now dl'd the photos to the computer, will post em soon i promise :) I'm a slacker this week :)

Yes, Cheryl was in the class. We have talked several times in the past 2wks. She and some friends went back up to practice last weekend. She got to test out her new ride :)
We are planning on meeting up in BB the weekend of Aug. 20. We will play all day Fri. and she wants to race on Sat. She is loving it!!

lis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts