Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im my chain is not working out for me, its a SRAM (somthing cheep) and it keeps breaking, on almost every climb. Ive put new links in it 8 times and it keeps breaking. I keep it clean and use finnish line dry lube. Oh ya, its brand new too!! 2weeks old the stock chain was finnaly worn out so I got this one, but this time ide like to hear what you guys think and use. thanks

its a 9 speed XT system

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hey KomodoRider, what are you using to clean your chain? I made the mistake, once, of soaking mine in Simple Green. Bad idea, the next ride I broke one link and cracked two others. Mineral Spirits works very well to clean the chain without any side effects.

As far as the replacement goes, I really like Wippermans stainless steel chain. Very durable.

-James

KomodoRider said:
Im my chain is not working out for me, its a SRAM (somthing cheep) and it keeps breaking, on almost every climb. Ive put new links in it 8 times and it keeps breaking. I keep it clean and use finnish line dry lube. Oh ya, its brand new too!! 2weeks old the stock chain was finnaly worn out so I got this one, but this time ide like to hear what you guys think and use. thanks

its a 9 speed XT system

1 - 2 of 2 Posts