Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What new bike related toys did you get for xmas.

I had this.
New truvativ noir carbon bars.
lezyne pump.
2 troy lee tops
troy lee gloves
Orange anodized ODI lock-on clamps to match the orange xo and chris king headset(mango)

Attachments

·
'All over it!'
1,106 Posts
New build........bits!

Hey nice stocking fillers there Sam..... I am gradually purchasing components for the new build -only thing is, I still don't know what frame I'm buying :madman:

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you want to buy something i would go for an AFR unless you are going more xc/trail then the AC( i want an AC for an all day trail bike that is still playfull)

·
'All over it!'
1,106 Posts
Quite...

norcosam said:
If you want to buy something i would go for an AFR unless you are going more xc/trail then the AC( i want an AC for an all day trail bike that is still playfull)
I must admit, the AFR is looking favourable - it's about the same price as the FR but even more capable on the FR/DH front whilst still being able to be ridden all day:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Sweet TLD riding shirt, especially the one with the stars, very cool....

Lorni, if you want an all day trail weapon that can do more, get yourself an AC 29er, you will have no regrets, trust me on that......

·
steep fast and loose :)
3,270 Posts
why bother with the 29'er though whafe ?
at the moment in the UK, 29'ers are still a niche.
wheel choice is limited, as is tyre choice.
once 29" breaks out of it's niche in the UK, then I reckon the industry will start to change over, but it's got to break free into the mainstream before UK riders take it seriously.
that could be a long time off. the magazines are trying desparately to push 29" , but NONE of my friends are on 29" yet and NONE of them even discuss it !

oh - as for all day trail riding, i'd agree about the AC however........or a 5 Spot.....................

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
The_Lecht_Rocks said:
why bother with the 29'er though whafe ?
at the moment in the UK, 29'ers are still a niche.
wheel choice is limited, as is tyre choice.
once 29" breaks out of it's niche in the UK, then I reckon the industry will start to change over, but it's got to break free into the mainstream before UK riders take it seriously.
that could be a long time off. the magazines are trying desparately to push 29" , but NONE of my friends are on 29" yet and NONE of them even discuss it !

oh - as for all day trail riding, i'd agree about the AC however........or a 5 Spot.....................
I urge you to think outside the square a little, yes for sure they are not mainstream, but they are way more than a fad now, here to stay for sure.

Yes tyre choice is less than 26inch, but there is a good range available now. Agree, forks are limited really....

I cant understand why bother though, I stepped outside the square and have totally made the right decision, firstly with the Jones, now with the AC 29er, very very wise decision in the long run for me. Just hope others can get to the point to share the buzz i have riding these big wheeled babies, you TLR of all people should be a renegade and go against the flow, you will not be dissapointed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got a selle Italia SLR (135g) saddle, and a Token seat clamp with ti bolt that weighs 8g aswell as some other ti hardware kits for my thomson stem and post :)

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Sweet kit norcosam - how are you finding the fit on that troy lee rukus top? What size did you get and how tall etc are u? need to get one myself.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Karve said:
Sweet kit norcosam - how are you finding the fit on that troy lee rukus top? What size did you get and how tall etc are u? need to get one myself.
I am 6ft2 and i have large if you wear body armour an xl would be better.Its available in the red/black like i have or a grey/black.They retail at just over £50

·
Registered
332 Posts
As an early Christmas present to myself I bought new XT shifters and braided hoses from Dipper for the hardtail. I also got some LBS vouchers from the in-laws which I will spend on shorts or a L/S top and a new mini-pump.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The_Lecht_Rocks said:
interesting how you've managed to manipulate a kryptonite sheath into a hydraulic hose sammy....... :thumbsup:

When you weigh as much as me and ride as hard as me you need it.....................

1 - 20 of 22 Posts