Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st let me say I recently purchased the Vitus Nucleus 275VRX. The reason I went with this bike originally was because I wanted to spend less than $500, but also wanted a 1x.. and it had won the MBR sub 500 quid hardtail for 3 years in a row. I just ready it won a 4th time..

So being that I know nothing about bikes, can someone tell me why the 275VR keeps winning over and over again? Is the bike really that much better than other bikes in the sub 500 price range? Why aren't other companies doing the same or better? I'm really confused... and at times it makes me think MBR is in bed with Vitus...

·
g=9.764m/s2
807 Posts
LOL, Fair enough assessment... Both Vitus and Nukeproof have stand alone websites but the are only sold through Wiggle/CRC so appear to be house brands. MBR and Wiggle/CRC are UK and same are the runner ups in that price arena mainly being Calibre and Voodoo. The exception Vitus makes is modern geometry including tapered headtube, dropper post routing make it upgrade ready along with the components package they put together with air fork, hydraulic brakes, i29 tubeless ready rims and tires make it a performer and best value. I’m serious, I’d like to check this bike out so let me know when you make it to WC/MR.

·
Registered
14,793 Posts
It has a decent Raidon air fork. Swap out the grease in the airside for oil when it gets stiff.
It has good Shimano Deore drive components and OK Shimano MT400 brakes.
Importantly it has wide 29mm rim wheels.
It has good current slack geo.
Unfortunately no 29 VRX, my preference. You have to go to Nukeproof at a higher price.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it's hitting all the spots to make it such a good buy, why can't or aren't the other brands doing the same? It just seems crazy to me that one bike keeps winning this thing year over year...

BTW, if you're near the MD/DE/PA area, where they all meet, you can look at my 275 VRX.. I look at it and it just looks like most other MTBs.. The only think I know that I wanted was the Deore mech because it has that clutch to keep the chain from bouncing as much..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.