Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Dinotte 200L on the helmet
Exposure Toro on the bars.

I just won the Toro from a contest here, and I only have a few rides on it. It is very bright, seems to be great for the way I ride. I just don't have enough time on it yet for a proper review. I have no complaints on the Dinotte lights and would recommend them to just about anyone. I like that they run with rechargeable AAs. I would like a little more flood, but some of their other models are available with different lens options.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
2 3W LED lights on the bars (directed a bit differently, so one of them works as a spot, the other as a flood) + 1W "miner's light" on my head. Works well for me, though I'd like a stronger spotlight for fast descents. Very cheap, as compared to more powerful lighting systems.

·
Registered
504 Posts
A couple of types depending on where I'm riding:-

1. Magicshine on the bars combined with homebuilt R2 x Leds as helmet light.

2. Magicshine on the bars combined with homebuilt XPG x 3 Leds as helmet light.

3. Magicshine on the bars combined with Magicshine on the helmet.

4. XPG x 3 Leds on the bars combined with R2 x Leds as helmet light.

Still building another light for bars; similar to M/shine.

What don't I like? The time taken to build them.

·
Five is right out
3,176 Posts
Several sets of DIY LEDs. Light output is great, cost to performance ratio is great.

Not so great: My DIY battery packs are sucky bodge jobs.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Just got Niterider Pro 600 Havent used it yet but the quality seems great. Cons--nice lights are pricey like all nice cycling gear.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Minewt

I'm very happy with Niterider Minewt lights. I have the single which is plenty for me. They also have a double if you want more light.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
CygoliteTriden X on hanelbars, and NiteFlux's newest adition, Enduro 12 Single housing 3 Cree XPG emiters claiming 1000 lumens. Haven't heard true lux measurnments on either,however road with a buddy with the Nite Rider 600 pro and i was a fair bit brighter.Don't know what emitters are in the Cygolite X but would like to mabey switch with the Cree EPG's as well if there not already in there?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
MagicShine on the helmet. That's all I need. Those lights are BRIGHT and they won't break the bank. Check out the "Light and Nite Riding" forum lots of threads.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts