Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else find the stock Marzocchi stem to be a little long? I'm considering switching to a shorter stem for my 888 and wanted to see what seems to be a popular length.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I use a Azonic Shorty Deluxe 50mm with a 10 Deg rise. I am using it on a M1 with a Marzocchi Super-T and a Answer Pro-Taper with a 2" rise. I like to set up my stem length, handlebar height as close to a motorcross or enduro motorcycle. My handlebars are a little more narrow because you don't have to throw around as much weight as a motorcycle but the overall geometry of a MX bike has been proven as the best for handling for the last 20 years.
If someone thinks they need a longer stem for knee clearance, they should get a larger frame.

Erik,

www.balleracing.com

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
Anyone ever use a 65mm for downhill? I have a little project in the works for a 888 stem and I'm trying to guage how useful a stem would be at that length.

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
I've run anything from 47-51mm (yeah, some are odd sizes, not exactly 50...). I don't like longer stems unless I'm climbing, but it's all preference, luckily, I've fit all of my bikes well enough to not need to modify geometry w/ setback posts or longer stems...

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Tree said:
Does anyone else find the stock Marzocchi stem to be a little long? I'm considering switching to a shorter stem for my 888 and wanted to see what seems to be a popular length.
What's popular and what you should get are two different things. Making sure you get the right fit for you is what's most important.

I run a 40mm stem on my bike but that's because the length is already pretty long. On my last bike, I had a 70mm stem.

EBX

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
BikeSATORI said:
SR71 by chance? I've got the 51mm OS version and dig it.
bingo. might go with a 51mm, not sure...theres a rider here with a gunmetal version, dangerboys site only has 'black' listed....what gives? do you have the gunmetal too?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
what size shoes do you guys wear for downhilling? i need to buy a pair and wanted to get an idea of what size y'all are using.

:madman:

;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.