Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that from the shop, they're supposed to get 72mm. That's fine, and its been working for me. I just noticed the dust lines on my stantions though, and they're looking like more than 72mm. So I measured. Looks like on the big hits, I'm getting 78mm of travel. yeah, wooo! a whole 6mm additional, I know, big woop, but should this be possible? Think I'm doing damage to the internals? Can't remember what pressure I'm running, but it feels real good right now.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
67mm. Between fully deflated and my whole weight on it, and inflated to unridably high pressures and pulling the legs even further apart. I wonder what the ugrade option$ are.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
In regular riding I never got more than 60mm. If I put any less air in it, the forks just sinks on me on the slightest of braking or descend. I used it to take off the peak impacts only, my 2003 BW .8 is much easier to get a good allround setting for. The CX-1 just waits for the day it'll be rebuilt, I don't see myself using it unless I find a frame somewher to build with old parts or something.

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sheesh, seems as if I'm the only one so far getting any kind of quality travel out of this fork. What am I doing that's so different from you guys?

I just checked my pressure, its set at 150psi (for my 230# carcass). I've lubed the seals internal and out with a light teflon grease. Other than that, I've put it on and forgotten about it. Jason, what do you have to say/think about this?

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
~martini~ said:
Sheesh, seems as if I'm the only one so far getting any kind of quality travel out of this fork. What am I doing that's so different from you guys?

I just checked my pressure, its set at 150psi (for my 230# carcass). I've lubed the seals internal and out with a light teflon grease. Other than that, I've put it on and forgotten about it. Jason, what do you have to say/think about this?
No, I'm quite happy with mine, too. To me, 65 out of 80mm is quite respectable -- it means I've got it dialed in correctly (145psi per side for my 200 pounds) with room to give a little bit further for bad landings and such. I service mine with Slick Honey, wipe down the stanchions after every ride and check airpressure only occassionally. It's not the plushest suspension, but it's been very reliable for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.