Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still pretty green. My riding is limited to 2-3x a week for an hour or so in 50+ degree weather. I've only done Patapsco since I started MTB riding a few years ago.

What kind of riding in Avalon considered? XC, AM or other? I realize its not actually a mountainous region, but some of the trails offer some challenging climbs particularly for the less seasoned rider.

I suspect Avalon is classified as XC, but could someone explain the differences in terrain in a way a noobie can understand easily? Thanks!

(I love my Fuji build!)

·
Masher
1,426 Posts
Yes, XC and it goes from pretty complicated rock gardens on Cascade to flowing single track with some extented climbs on Ridge and Morning Choice and well, there is all kinds of stuff.

Its a great ride. Take your time, plenty of water and some snacks and go explore. It is maybe the best trail system within 100 miles.

MORE is a good plce to look for a good group ride to hook up with.

I was new to Avalon not long ago and I learned a lot of things the hard way. Don't get frustrated. Once you learn the trails you can do pretty much any kind of ride you want.

Nice build.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts