Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what kind of real food do you guys bring along bike ride?

I am not talking about granola bars. Those things just don't have enough calories for me. I burn up 1000 calories easily.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Power bar, maybe a bagel.

·
Underskilled
4,716 Posts
I take my bar mounted fodue kit along for longer rides, just have to be careful not to crash.

·
Banned
1,954 Posts
We pack sushi and sashimi in a Topeak trunk bag along with gel ice packs which can also be heated for warm foods.

·
IdontShootPeopleAnyMore
730 Posts
TraumaARNP said:
We pack sushi and sashimi in a Topeak trunk bag along with gel ice packs which can also be heated for warm foods.
nice...

all i ever bring is enough cliff bars to munch one about every hour or two...

·
Elitest thrill junkie
37,002 Posts
Picard said:
I might bring along Mr Subs sandwich. I can't tolerate power bar. It tastes horrible.
That can work, just don't eat it all at once, it takes too much blood to digest (so you can bonk even though you eat a lot). Eat small amounts every 30-45 min for best results. Do not eat overly fatty or sugary foods. Make sure there are carbs in there, a little protien helps too.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Real food makes me puke on rides. Fig Newtons and Nature Valley Sweet & Salty Nut Granola Bars. I don't care for Power Bars either, they break your teeth on cold days and stick to the wrapper on hot days (ever since they got rid of the flower coating back in the early 90's).

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
I eat whatever animal I encounter on the trail. I usually snatch up a lizard or bunny, bite into the juggular and drink its blood. Then I scream and beat my chest with one fist.

·
Jason
590 Posts
mike047 said:
Peanut butter on whole wheat bread.
+ 1. I only use one slice of bread though and fold it over. Otherwise, I may take some fruit such as apples or a banana or two. I don't like to travel on a full belly.

·
TRANCER
2,770 Posts
I like a banana an hr before I ride and a slice of bread with a nice serving of peanut butter and some honey ontop of that. I find honey to be better than jelly.

·
I Ride Alone
289 Posts
Orowheat sandwich thins, Justins Almond-Maple butter, Dried Organic Mission figs and Medicinal Honey (I get at the local CA Medical Marijuana Dispensary).

Organic dried Bananas, Figs, raisins and nuts.

Dudes!, Power bars Cliff bars... all good not real food!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts