Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of pedals do you guys use? i am fairly new to the urban scene and am wondering when i switch the stock pedals off my hardrock what i should belooking to get? I am gonna be doing mostly urban stuff and a little trails but nothing too serious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
I have Odyssey Trail mix, sealed, magnesium. They are a bit pricey, but strong, great feel, and super light! I have ridden cilenski's for a while, and I'm psyched to drop about 10oz of them. If your not worried about weight or sealed bearings you could go even cheaper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
I'm running some crappy Diamondback pedals I got for $8 but I love them.

I tried a pair of those Drive Pro pedals and they felt pretty good. Nice and big.

Anyone know if there is a difference between symmetrical and asymmetrical pedals. Some are the same size front to back and some are bit bigger in the front. Is there suppose to be an advantage?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
snaky69 said:
Be careful with that hardrock, it's still an XC frame and a friend I used to ride with had one, he weighed about 120lbs and snapped his frame in half riding street with us.

i use animal hamilton's.
I cracked my hardrock as well, and I rode really careful, no thrashing.

I'm searching for pedals as well for new bike and I like the Easton Flatboys. Good solid and after a few years still smooth as new.
 

·
To "Air" Is Human
Joined
·
744 Posts
DJskeet said:
I just ordered some Odyssey PC platics pedals last night for my suburban build. We'll se how they turn out
I am getting one pair of each special edition color. I have way too many pedals...I run:

DMR V12's on my DMR Transition
Kona Wah Wah's on the Cowan DS
Easton Flatboys on my Eastern
DMR V8's on my KHE
I have a set of Eastern Dual Concave and another set of V8's that I loan out.

I have tried everything (Primo, Animal, Shadow, etc.). The Kona's are my favorite so far. I usually use Marzocchi shoes but S & M sending some new shoes tomorrow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
DJskeet said:
I just ordered some Odyssey PC platics pedals last night for my suburban build. We'll se how they turn out.

before that i had wellgo mg-1s and I really disliked them.
Why didn't you like the mg1's? I love mine. Whenever I need more pedals I'm getting them again. They are really light, cheap, grippy, and stay put when I don't want them spinning on me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
886 Posts
TrancedGiant said:
Why didn't you like the mg1's? I love mine. Whenever I need more pedals I'm getting them again. They are really light, cheap, grippy, and stay put when I don't want them spinning on me.
One cracked outer seal
one missing pin
overly loose
tons of paint chips
large gouges out of the material
 

·
biking is fun
Joined
·
2,365 Posts
DJskeet said:
One cracked outer seal
one missing pin
overly loose
tons of paint chips
large gouges out of the material
i have them on my urban bike and my FR bike. i like them so far.
as for the problems you had

i lost more pins out of my azonic A frames then these. i have actually never lost a pin out of my MG-1's yet on either of my bikes
overly loose? in what way. mine are a little tight feeling. if i try to spin them they only go 1/4 of a turn before they stop

as for the paint chips and gouges, i can see that. its made to be light and they do that well. for 30 bucks on ebay i can afford to replace them every year (although i don't really care about how my pedals look so i doubt ill replace these until i have to.) but i don't think that the plastic ones you are getting will hold up much better, i could be wrong. also aren't the mg's lighter then the plastic ones? im not sure on that one, just curious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
886 Posts
climbingbubba said:
i have them on my urban bike and my FR bike. i like them so far.
as for the problems you had

i lost more pins out of my azonic A frames then these. i have actually never lost a pin out of my MG-1's yet on either of my bikes
overly loose? in what way. mine are a little tight feeling. if i try to spin them they only go 1/4 of a turn before they stop

as for the paint chips and gouges, i can see that. its made to be light and they do that well. for 30 bucks on ebay i can afford to replace them every year (although i don't really care about how my pedals look so i doubt ill replace these until i have to.) but i don't think that the plastic ones you are getting will hold up much better, i could be wrong. also aren't the mg's lighter then the plastic ones? im not sure on that one, just curious.
maybe so but they only cost me 14 bucks. ia lso forgot to mentiont he welgos made some wierd noises.
 

·
Bikes Rule
Joined
·
1,133 Posts
I had Wellgo MG-1 and loved them. I swapped to MG-52 for a different design. The pins (low ones) were eating up my shoes. Seitched to the MG-52 as they are about the same weight but have a better pin set-up for my FiveTen shoes.
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top