Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, me, cause I gotta be there anyway and I don't do the slot machine maze.

Planning a coolish late afternoon ride Friday at Mt. Charleston Bristlcone Loop. Prolly start around 5:30 or so.

Saturday morning I'll be at Bootleg way early..... say 5:30am start time.

Post up if anyone wants to join me.

·
Registered
396 Posts
i wanna join you, but i'm not a moron, so i'm gonna stay here and ride, lol. might see if i can get kalem to do the semi shuttle and do f and g loop, then the coyote downhill into town. or try to get michelle out to cave lake again, now that i know where i'm going and all the rocks have been moved off the trail. :madman:

did u get my msg about the lost ox trails planning meeting? check yer dang email.

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
velosapiens said:
i wanna join you, but i'm not a moron, so i'm gonna stay here and ride, lol. might see if i can get kalem to do the semi shuttle and do f and g loop, then the coyote downhill into town. or try to get michelle out to cave lake again, now that i know where i'm going and all the rocks have been moved off the trail. :madman:

did u get my msg about the lost ox trails planning meeting? check yer dang email.
Always has to be a wiseacker in the crowd. Yep, after this morning's ride I really really have to wonder why I keep going down to Vegas. I'll remember again in a couple more months.;)

I do that F to K to G option starting from the north trailhead occasionally but ... Why not do the full G then climb up the ski hill road to the crossover then down? F is kinda sucky. Of course maybe if it had some more bike traffic we could burn in a nice skinny line.

Yeah, I got your message. Even answered it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
396 Posts
KRob said:
I do that F to K to G option starting from the north trailhead occasionally but ... Why not do the full G then climb up the ski hill road to the crossover then down? F is kinda sucky. Of course maybe if it had some more bike traffic we could burn in a nice skinny line.
yeah, i've been doing the full g, just doing f first for more fun. it's getting a bit of a line burned in. i did it a few times on the scooter on the way out to jake's, and couple times on the bicycle. it just needs to be ridden more. but i'm not a nazi about singletrack. it's still narrower than some parts of the woohoo trail, lol.

·
Born-Again-Biker
79 Posts
We'll be there

DCC members will be there, (Sat Morn) although we don't want to leave the trail head any later than 5:30 AM. We're planning on assembling at my house between 4:30 - 4:45.

Matt you can ride up with us if you like. We'd like to do Mother, over the top, around the back on Ernie's epic and then tie into either the inner loop or Caldara, and do Girl Scout down.

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
degrawmd said:
DCC members will be there, (Sat Morn) although we don't want to leave the trail head any later than 5:30 AM. We're planning on assembling at my house between 4:30 - 4:45.

Matt you can ride up with us if you like. We'd like to do Mother, over the top, around the back on Ernie's epic and then tie into either the inner loop or Caldara, and do Girl Scout down.
I'm with you on the time.... leave trail head no later than 5:30. Mother to Ernie's to inner Caldera would be OK, but how about up BoyScout down Skyline down East leg to finish instead?

·
desert dweller
Ventana El Ciclon
1,644 Posts
degrawmd said:

All righty then!

mbb

·
2,093 Posts
raises hand,second wussification

Matt, atleast you made it outside. I woke up and turned on the weather channel ,91 degrees. I walked out into the garage and opened the door. Down went the door and back into bed i went. I know , i'm lame!

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I can't believe all you guys bagged out. That's what you get for checking the weather channel and taking elevation into consideration...... a missed opportunity. Had I known those little facts I might've wussed too.... but ignorance is bliss. It didn't seem that bad really, especially once you got up to the top of skyline and a little breeze picked up.

Disclaimer: I did admit to being a moron in the title.

Great riding with you, Matt.

I didn't get any worthy pictures at Bootleg but here are a couple of shots from Bristlecone from Friday night. It was beautiful up there. 73 degrees at the start and about 65 by time I finished. Fresh rain made the trails all nice and tacky too.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ecgravity said:
Bristlecone was pretty nice. Good pics too. It seemed a little washed out though. I don't know Saturday was my first time.
Yes there were a couple of spots that were a bit washed out by the rains. I was thankful I had the 6.6 and big tires bombing down the last bit in the canyon. Rocky.

I need to get up there in the day sometime so I can get some better light for pics.

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
2,418 Posts
That's the view....

....you can only see KRob's back way up in front of you, that's what I saw Saturday. The man is really a goat with that 6.6, up and down some sketchy lines, over some rocks that were the size of cars, and bombing down the hills- nice ride. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.