Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Good question - but it would depend on the climate you ride in. Wet areas need different lube vs. a desert locale. Where do you ride?

For overall grease, I use the blue Park Tool PPL-1 or Polylube 1000 for any metal to metal connections other than the chain. Do you plan to do your own maintenance?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Finish Line Dry, most of the time, since most rides in New England are pretty dirty, for the chain.

Finish line White Lithium for the other parts that need some grease, like the seat post. I'm sure my mechanic uses mostly Park Lube or Phil Wood stuff, since that is what I have seen on his shelves in the workshop.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good question - but it would depend on the climate you ride in. Wet areas need different lube vs. a desert locale. Where do you ride?

For overall grease, I use the blue Park Tool PPL-1 or Polylube 1000 for any metal to metal connections other than the chain. Do you plan to do your own maintenance?
I ride in NY mostly street and singletrail riding. Usually in dry conditions but maybe ill start playing in the rain and mud lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.