Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Turkey Vulture, not hunting, scavanging.

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
36,967 Posts
Turkey Vulture period.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Definitely not Perigrine - that was my first thought. But it's too big and wrong coloring.

I have to agree with the Turkey Vulture call. When I Googled that, there's a picture almost identical to this one. Thanks!

·
36,967 Posts
Definitely not Perigrine - that was my first thought. But it's too big and wrong coloring.

I have to agree with the Turkey Vulture call. When I Googled that, there's a picture almost identical to this one. Thanks!
Yep a very common sight in California where I just moved from. Not as common in Colorado but they are here. So yes it is a Turkey Vulture almost as common as sparrows in Cali.;)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yep a very common sight in California where I just moved from. Not as common in Colorado but they are here. So yes it is a Turkey Vulture almost as common as sparrows in Cali.;)
Really? They're not common on the Front Range? They're everywhere here in Durango.

I think they follow me on rides 'cause I often look like I'm about to keel over at any second. ;)

To the OP, yes, that's absolutely a Turkey Vulture.

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
African swallow.

·
36,967 Posts
Really? They're not common on the Front Range? They're everywhere here in Durango.

I think they follow me on rides 'cause I often look like I'm about to keel over at any second. ;)

To the OP, yes, that's absolutely a Turkey Vulture.
Yeah that's what I meant not common in most parts of Colorado but very common in the southern part. A desert bird for sure.

·
Registered
79 Posts
One time at Apex, just off Grubstake, there were a dozen of these beautiful Turkey Vultures just hanging out on the rocks having grand old time. An uplifting sight and to the left was a huge (one of biggest I've seen) bull elks with it harem pawing the dirt. We should be so happy that we have a park there rather than big, rich bankers' mansions with iron gates and video security. Don't you agree?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts