Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you like eating on, on longer rides?

I generally have my bladder full of water and a stiff gatorade in a water bottle. I than transfer water to my water bottle to dilute the gatorade as i ride.

gu with a power bar followed with a fruit cup seems to pick me up.
I have also been known to bring pizza, jerky, string cheese.

donuts, especially apple fritters seem to pack good and have enough sugar and substance to go real well.

So whats in your pack?
tim

·
never ender
1,314 Posts
I like Trader Joe's summer sausage and/or a hunk of hard cheese...easy to pack around, protein to help your body digest all the carbs you're throwing at it, salt for hydration. Plus it feels really good to eat real food 4 hours into a bike ride.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
mocha clif gels. you look like a dirt roadie but they taste like cake batter!

the clif MOJO chocolate trailmix bar seriously tastes better than if baby Jesus cut me a line of coke. It's ****ing GOOD.

banana/apple/orange depends.

·
Banned
1,954 Posts
I borrowed this pic from Steeljaws....Sushi, and plenty of it. Freshly made, it will hold up real well for several hours with minimal cooling in a trunk bag.

Cuisine Sushi Food Rice Gimbap

·
Registered
170 Posts
i bring holiday gu (i have a TON of that), PB sandwhich, bologna sandwich, bananas, shot bloks, various fruits, SUSHI, fried chicken, gatoraid, and water. i either do 2 hour rides (mostly) or 12 hour rides. that was my lunchbox for the 12's. for the 2's, banana, apple, sushi, water, saltine crackers

·
Registered
144 Posts
I take a banana and a Nutella sandwich (hazelnut/coco spread), and a Clifbar. Also take some Hammergel, Luna Moons and pomegranate bars (from Target). The Moons and gel are for during the ride, and the rest is for stops. Yea, I like to eat while I ride. I have even taken corned beef on rye but find the Nutella sandwich to be easier to digest.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Special K bars in strawberry or chocolate work for me. As far as liquids go.............plain ole water in my bottle. I do have a OJ with a supplement that escapes me the name of it and it is downstairs in the pantry as I write this and I am too lazy to get up to get the name that I drink prior to riding. You mix 2 small scoops and it prevents your legs from cramping and the lactic acid building up.

·
Banned
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
my bud and i did a 7 hour ride yesterday. at one break he pulls out deer jerky and elk sausage sticks. the next stop i pull out bear jerky and bear peperoni sticks. those peperoni sticks about hour 5 where real tasty.

There is some neat ideas on here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.