Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to figure out what my next bike park visit will be.

Went to Grand Targhee last weekend. Loved it.

Just looking for suggestions. Especially ones with small lines.

Thanks.

·
always licking the glass
2,377 Posts
Angel Fire. Trestles only advantage to me is proximity.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Dont limit yourself to one park if you are prepared to travel.

NZ has fantastic riding within a short travel distance of each other.
Rotorua redwoods. Sensational loamy forrest
Wairoa gorge is awesome you like tech enduro riding.
Queenstown bike park and sorrounding trails. Corrotown is one of my favourite rides of all time!

About 8 years ago now i did a couple weeks in the french alps. A different bike park every day. It was like a semi guided tour. That was the stuff of legends. It can only be better now.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dont limit yourself to one park if you are prepared to travel.

NZ has fantastic riding within a short travel distance of each other.
Rotorua redwoods. Sensational loamy forrest
Wairoa gorge is awesome you like tech enduro riding.
Queenstown bike park and sorrounding trails. Corrotown is one of my favourite rides of all time!

About 8 years ago now i did a couple weeks in the french alps. A different bike park every day. It was like a semi guided tour. That was the stuff of legends. It can only be better now.
New Zealand is #1 on bucket list to MTB and hike. Alps are probably second. Its going to have to wait atleast a year though.

Angel Fire. Trestles only advantage to me is proximity.
Angel fire is the park i was planning on probably going to next. Videos look awesome

I was going to say Targhee.

Whitefish is fun.
Just added Whitefish to the list. I havent been to Montana yet. I just moved out west.
Targhee has been one of my favorites so far.

·
Keep on Rockin...
6,453 Posts
I've only been to about 4 different parks. But of those I really liked Whiteface. Happened to be closest to where I live also. To bad they've closed it to mtb this year. It was an extremely challenging mountain. To give you and idea of the challenge, doing more than seven full runs (off the gondola) in one day was a lot, and rarely done by most people I ran into. The guys who had the contract to run the place were great - had a real "mom and pop" type feel. Wow, do I miss that place. And right across the road was a great swimming hole with cliff jumps and waterfalls. My son and I spent a lot of time there.

·
Registered
15,736 Posts
I remember having fun at Deer Valley, although I only spent a couple of hours there as I was passing through on my way to Colorado.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Sun Peaks... Whistler without the crowds.

Have FUN!

G MAN

·
May The Force Be With You
2,418 Posts
Plattekill

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
I remember having fun at Deer Valley, although I only spent a couple of hours there as I was passing through on my way to Colorado.
I'll be there on Tuesday and can give a report then.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Deer Valley is my home park. Pretty big park with lots of trails. Also has some pretty heavy breaking bumps on some trails right now. Good park though.
Sundance i went to first time yesterday. Good park for a family that really has never done lift service before. Mostly Green and light blue trails.

Sun Peaks is on the list if I head to BC. The BC list of rides is really long. I really want to ride the North Shore.

·
high pivot witchcraft
4,315 Posts
I need to get to Revy very soon for Fifty Six Twenty. Will be going for sure in August. Maybe more for the non-DH crowd though, and not much else there in terms of lift assisted access.

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,968 Posts
I need to get to Revy very soon for Fifty Six Twenty. Will be going for sure in August. Maybe more for the non-DH crowd though, and not much else there in terms of lift assisted access.

fvck that...if I am at a park - no way do I want to peddle up for over an hour

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,968 Posts
Have not done a lot of parks - but damn Deer Valley near Salt lake really stepped up their game - a great park

·
Rides all the bikes!
3,822 Posts
fvck that...if I am at a park - no way do I want to peddle up for over an hour
Funny thing is, I was reminded yesterday how much I don't like parks because of all the sitting waiting in lift lines! I got 2 hours of riding in 6 hours yesterday! I would rather pedal up and at least be riding my bike.

·
beater
5,856 Posts
Trying to figure out what my next bike park visit will be.

Went to Grand Targhee last weekend. Loved it.

Just looking for suggestions. Especially ones with small lines.

Thanks.
If you loved Targhee, put Silver Mountain on your list. It’s raw. They have a lot of trails that feel like Blondie- rough cut, off camber, hand-built. Lines are short, and the vert is big.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts