Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During late march I bought a brand new rockshox pike select with the new debonair spring. However, the last 2 weeks I have had to burp the fork (zip tie in the seals) after every ride. The fork becomes harsh if i don’t and I get strong hand fatigue. When I do the zip tie trick it solves the issue and he fork becomes super plush but only for a while. What could cause this? The fork has been ridden only about 40 hours

·
Rippin da fAt
8,543 Posts
During late march I bought a brand new rockshox pike select with the new debonair spring. However, the last 2 weeks I have had to burp the fork (zip tie in the seals) after every ride. The fork becomes harsh if i don’t and I get strong hand fatigue. When I do the zip tie trick it solves the issue and he fork becomes super plush but only for a while. What could cause this? The fork has been ridden only about 40 hours
Contact Rockshox tech support... They have been responsive and very helpful.

·
Registered
Revel Rascal,Scott Spark Rc900 wc
47 Posts
Its too much grease in the airspring. This makes it so the pressure cant equalize properly. If you service the fork you can solve the issue by removing the airspring then wiping away excess grease.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts