Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my hands in a (barely) used 2004 gemini, and was very proud of it, I upgraded the stem and bar (FSA) , pedals (for soljiam funn) and install a ethirteen chain guide, couldn't be happier!! but then I rode with this guy who owns a "cheeta" and he started to say that this bike would brake, that is not very "freeride" oriented, that this or that, and he even said that I should hava bought a "small company bike" ....................
..............:madmax: :eekster: my reaction was like "whatahellareyousayingdude!!!!" there was a recall for the 2002-03 models mine is a 2004, just because you CAN SEE THE WELDINGS in your bike it doesn't mean they are better, it just mean that YOU CAN SEE THEM! that mine would brake!!?? every bike would if you are not smooth!! ..........and to go for a small company..........so that mean that they can afford better engeneers, better materials, and better test product....right!?
but the worst part is, that opinion is very common among riders(?) so, really WHAT IS WRONG WITH GEMINI'S!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
728 Posts
First: Recalls are a good thing, it means the company is standing behind their product, and are on top of manufacturing issues.
Second: Cannondale has one of the best frame warrantee's out there.
Third: Ask your riding buddy where 'Cheeta' is these days.

Your got a great freeride bike!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Don't Get Me Wrong......i Love My Bike!!!! I'm Proud Of It!!! I Think Is The Best!!! I'm Just Sick Of Wannabe's Memorizing This Or That Brand, And Saying That This Is Good Or Bad, Just Ride And Shut The #$*&!! Up!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
Geminis are GOOD ! I rode some for a couple of years in racing and for freeriding. I was a happy biker on it ! They're cool FR Bikes ! So just relax and enjoy ! Cedric won the Ramapge on one of those bikes.... enough said ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont know guys I guess I felt offended......but again, I'm the guy that would spend problably 'hours' contemplating my bike (black Betty) if I cant ride it, but I know, for sure, that I'm not the only one who does it!;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
Gemini said:
Geminis are GOOD ! I rode some for a couple of years in racing and for freeriding. I was a happy biker on it ! They're cool FR Bikes ! So just relax and enjoy ! Cedric won the Ramapge on one of those bikes.... enough said ?
How does the Gemini compare to your Judge. Pros - Cons
 

·
COOL BUZZ & TASTY S-TRACK
Joined
·
1,110 Posts
I loved my Gem

I had an large 05 900 completly stock and love riding it. I took that thing everywhere I took my Heckler. The large was "large", good for trail riding, comfy.

I sold it a couple months ago and started looking for more of a smaller freeride bike. I found a nice Bighit for a good deal around a month ago and bought it. But in the back of my mind I really wanted another Gemini but a smaller size.

Here is what I picked up on eBay Sunday night with no time to go at the end of the auction and one second earlier than the pervious bid.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=290073037293&rd=1&rd=1

I'm pretty excited about this bike. The bad thing is I have not any replies from the seller since I paid. I know he has to be disappointed on that ending price, I hope he not going to bail on me. I'm waiting for an email from him, "Hi I'm sorry to say the bike was stolen last night bla,bla,bla".

One good thing, I contacted another buyer from another auction he had, that ended minutes after mine and he has not heard from him either, so the seller might be out of town on business, on a drinking binge, hit by a school bus, in jail, take your pick.

It would be just my luck, get a good deal on a bike, beat out another bidder by one second and I have to wait to see what's up.

With that all said, the Gemini is a good bike for everthing from trail riding to downhill runs, depending on the component set up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
That looks like a Gemini 2000. Just like mine. Scratches are no big deal with this color. It can be touched up without looking like touch paint.

Go to your favorite Make-up counter or drugstore. Get a bottle of clear and a bottle of black nail polish. Cut open a soda can so you can get to the unpainted portion inside. Add some of the black to the clear and paint it on the inside of the soda can till it matches the black clear tint of the Gemini. Imperfections actually make the bike look like it came that way.

That's amazing if that's the original X7 shifters and X9 derailleur. My originals are gone from crashing and bashing rocks. I just used the last of my cheap derailluer stash. I need to restock!!!!!!!
 

·
COOL BUZZ & TASTY S-TRACK
Joined
·
1,110 Posts
I have finially had a response from the seller after almost three days since the auction ened. "I received payment and the bike is being disassembled for shipping at the moment. I assure you it will go out ASAP. I'll be sure to let you know as it does."

Loco, $800 is still a good deal, when you figure in my shipping I'm at $784. With the size of that bike I know he will use all that $120. for shipping, unless he reduces the box size.
That has to hurt, when you figure in eBay and paypal fees he maybe got $525. for a bike he bought for over $2000.

racer, I'm not too worried about the scratches, it's going to happen and surely doesn't affect the performance. My last Gem was a Raw, but it didn't have the black tint clear coat.

I am slightly concerned that he said it has been well ridden. Usally you don't here a description of a bike, the way that one was described. He it also said it was well maintained, so that's a good thing.

He had answered a question I asked early in the auction saying," the fork oil probably needs changed since the bike has been sitting for a year". I'm not sure how to take that(might be a fork problem). I know changing the fork oil is cake, if that's all it is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
great to hear that! good for you my friend! on the other side, I pulled an old 'review by the NSMB.COM' about the geminis, and print it for that guy HAHAHAHA! (evil laugh!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
spacoli said:
.

I am slightly concerned that he said it has been well ridden. Usally you don't here a description of a bike, the way that one was described. He it also said it was well maintained, so that's a good thing.

He had answered a question I asked early in the auction saying," the fork oil probably needs changed since the bike has been sitting for a year". I'm not sure how to take that(might be a fork problem). I know changing the fork oil is cake, if that's all it is.
My Gemini has been well ridden and taken a beating from my crashes but is still solid as a rock. My fork is getting a little sticky so it also needs an oil change. I'm also planning to do the Devolve modification for the fork based on what I've read at the MTBR shock forum.

The crew is planning a trip to Whistler this summer so I'll do a complete overhaul including changing the bearings for the swingarm and headset.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
I've got a Gemini DH. Its an amazing bike. Its built with rather heavy components at the moment, but still only hits 41lb for a full on DH race bike. I could easily get it to 37-38 with a bit of money to throw at it. But the thing I love the most is its complete feeling of security. It feels strong and solid, like it'll never let me down. Its going to be a difficult job to replace this bike.
 

·
Like catnip for people
Joined
·
401 Posts
nice idea

racerzero said:
That looks like a Gemini 2000. Just like mine. Scratches are no big deal with this color. It can be touched up without looking like touch paint.

Go to your favorite Make-up counter or drugstore. Get a bottle of clear and a bottle of black nail polish. Cut open a soda can so you can get to the unpainted portion inside. Add some of the black to the clear and paint it on the inside of the soda can till it matches the black clear tint of the Gemini. Imperfections actually make the bike look like it came that way.

That's amazing if that's the original X7 shifters and X9 derailleur. My originals are gone from crashing and bashing rocks. I just used the last of my cheap derailluer stash. I need to restock!!!!!!!
Nice idea... Never thought of that.
My prophet is a Raw with black tint and have noticed if it gets a scratch it's pretty obvious
since the tint makes a contrast with the raw aluminium underneath... I'll have to try that.
I'm abit of a freak that way... Hurts me like you wouldn't believe when it gets scratched.
:nono:
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top