Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I live to bike
Joined
·
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happened to see a Pistol in the shop the other day. What is up with the rear shock? It screws right into the swingarm. Granted, it probably helps lateral stiffness, but you can't upgrade the shock very easily. At least on the old Warp line it was possible to put a better shock on, which was helpful since it was single pivot. So now the Pistol, though also single pivot, is unable to be upgraded as far as the rear shock goes. Takes out a lot of the value, if you ask me. Oh, well, doesn't really concern me too much, since I have a Reign, but it is a bummer for those who need to be thrifty on the initial purchase with hope of upgrading later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,013 Posts
Jwiffle said:
Happened to see a Pistol in the shop the other day. What is up with the rear shock? It screws right into the swingarm. Granted, it probably helps lateral stiffness, but you can't upgrade the shock very easily. At least on the old Warp line it was possible to put a better shock on, which was helpful since it was single pivot. So now the Pistol, though also single pivot, is unable to be upgraded as far as the rear shock goes. Takes out a lot of the value, if you ask me. Oh, well, doesn't really concern me too much, since I have a Reign, but it is a bummer for those who need to be thrifty on the initial purchase with hope of upgrading later.
Nothing that a little intuitive thinking and creativity can't fix. (read; make an adaptor) Agreed, though - manufacturer's shouldn't be pulling crap like this in the first place.
 

·
"El Whatever"
Joined
·
18,889 Posts
JW.... ol' Warp brother in arms!

I just thought of the very same whenever I saw the first pics of the Pistol... I guess the only choice left is buying the P1 and seding the Fox shock to Push.

But yeah, the value perception is lost. Too bad.

BTW.... do you have place around you where I could get a Giant jersey?? My LBS is not very supportive...
 

·
MBAA!
Joined
·
294 Posts
Sorry for being off-topic here, and for not carrying it out in PMs (because im sure some other people are wondering)... Warp, I noticed recently you became a mod. Congratulations first off, and when did this occur?
 

·
"El Whatever"
Joined
·
18,889 Posts
en are es said:
Sorry for being off-topic here, and for not carrying it out in PMs (because im sure some other people are wondering)... Warp, I noticed recently you became a mod. Congratulations first off, and when did this occur?
No prob. Thanks for the congrats. I'm not worthy!! :D

I became a mod a week ago. Give or take a couple days.

Unfortunately, it's not related to the Giant forum but the Mexico Forum!!

There's someone who's gotta be the official mod here but I ignore who is... so watch out! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,013 Posts
Warp2003 said:
No prob. Thanks for the congrats. I'm not worthy!! :D

I became a mod a week ago. Give or take a couple days.

Unfortunately, it's not related to the Giant forum but the Mexico Forum!!

There's someone who's gotta be the official mod here but I ignore who is... so watch out! :D
Oh crap, there goes the (Mexican) neighborhood! :eek:

Yeah, I was going to ask, but..... didn't. (shrug) CONGRATS!

Oh, ummm, keeping on topic - make an adaptor. Oh wait, I already said that, right? :rolleyes: (y'all just know he's gonna be screwing around with posts now, right? :D )
 

·
"El Whatever"
Joined
·
18,889 Posts
AndrewTO said:
Oh crap, there goes the (Mexican) neighborhood! :eek:

Yeah, I was going to ask, but..... didn't. (shrug) CONGRATS!

Oh, ummm, keeping on topic - make an adaptor. Oh wait, I already said that, right? :rolleyes: (y'all just know he's gonna be screwing around with posts now, right? :D )
Oh... I just reread my post and I said something very different to what I wanted to say!!
:eek: :eek:

I meant that there is someone who moderates this board... and it's not me!! I certainly would love to do it here but I won't. I'd love to, but I won't exceed the responsabilites/priviledges I was given.

I said "watch out" because the fact that you don't see a mod posting often here, does not mean the board is not looked at by one.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, my mother language is not english...
 

·
Because I am !
Joined
·
1,307 Posts
Jwiffle said:
Happened to see a Pistol in the shop the other day. What is up with the rear shock? It screws right into the swingarm. Granted, it probably helps lateral stiffness, but you can't upgrade the shock very easily. At least on the old Warp line it was possible to put a better shock on, which was helpful since it was single pivot. So now the Pistol, though also single pivot, is unable to be upgraded as far as the rear shock goes. Takes out a lot of the value, if you ask me. Oh, well, doesn't really concern me too much, since I have a Reign, but it is a bummer for those who need to be thrifty on the initial purchase with hope of upgrading later.
When I saw the Pistol :eek: my first thought was, boy I'm glad I got an AC in July :D
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top