Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I heard that Kona is completely changing their gravity line up for 2011 and getting rid of the stab and stinky bikes.
Can anyone either deny or conform this and give any info on what is going on with the new rides if this is true?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Andrewpalooza said:
If it still says Kona on the side, then I still won't care.
Gotta love the haters !!!!
I rode a 2000.5 Stinky-Five for years and it handled everything
I could do on it...(and I did alot every weekend for years)
I since have been riding a 2006 Stinky Primo, and it also
has been a great freeride bike for me....

I'm not a very smooth rider(actually i'm the exact opposite) :( so i'm pretty hard on my bikes,
and my Kona's have held up to years of abuse...

here's a pic from this past sunday, one of MANY drops
that my Kona hits every weekend....

I'm not trying to say kona's are the best bike or anything, just saying they are more than capable(especially for people on a budget)...
I welcome a change as long as it's for the sake of improving,and not for the sake of just changing..:)

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
dear rich: well said, and sick picture.

Plus, the current iteration of the stab (which they've been doing for 1-2 years?) has some of the most dialed dh geometry of any bike on the market, its got a nicely place pivot point, and for those of you who like to ***** about braking characteristics, its got a fuggin floater. all and all, a rad bike. For some reason the internet is retarded though, and where one bikes 63 degree HT angle is the best thing since sliced bread, on another bike, its "boring and lame and stupid and heavy and wont ever ride well" without actually riding either. :D

·
Registered
204 Posts
I agree that is a SICK picture and a nice size DROP. hey rich are you the one running AVY suspension? IF so those purgatory bikes you posted were also very nice bikes i also run AVY and swear by it THE BEST!!!!!!

·
Registered
433 Posts
COLIN M said:
I agree that is a SICK picture and a nice size DROP. hey rich are you the one running AVY suspension? IF so those purgatory bikes you posted were also very nice bikes i also run AVY and swear by it THE BEST!!!!!!
Yea that was me...
The Purgatory's were both my friend Brian's bikes..
I think I posted a sick Canfield too which is my friend James bike...
We all use nothing but Avalanche suspension, both front and rear,
it is without a doubt the best,most durable suspension a freerider
could ever ask for........thanks for the kind words guys

·
Now with More Wood
2,964 Posts
_rich_ said:

I'm not a very smooth rider(actually i'm the exact opposite) :( so i'm pretty hard on my bikes,

I'm not trying to say kona's are the best bike or anything, just saying they are more than capable(especially for people on a budget)...
I welcome a change as long as it's for the sake of improving,and not for the sake of just changing..:)
Amazing picture, props on hitting that thing! What is it, like maybe 15-20f at the face? Can't really tell from this shot, but it looks like it has a nice long and steep run out - have any pics of that from the side?
/threadjack

·
Registered
433 Posts
Iceman2058 said:
Amazing picture, props on hitting that thing! What is it, like maybe 15-20f at the face? Can't really tell from this shot, but it looks like it has a nice long and steep run out - have any pics of that from the side?
/threadjack
Honestly we never measured this drop.
If I had to guess i'd say 13' + or - 1'

·
Registered
204 Posts
NO PROBLEM BROTHER, I ride a CANFIELD LUCKY with AVY front and rear and stunt ride here in BURBANK HILLS. I will post a 10FT> drop i am working on that one of YOU IS SICK. If you are ever out in CA. hit me up would love to ride with other AVY riders just got back from Northstar Resort some fun riding but no big FEATURES from what i saw. I go out and BUILD my own stuff to ride in the local hills and getting better but nothing that BIG yet PROPS TOO YOU is that going between 2 trees?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
_rich_ said:

where is the pic?

·
Registered
397 Posts
IrSc said:
So I heard that Kona is completely changing their gravity line up for 2011 and getting rid of the stab and stinky bikes.
Can anyone either deny or conform this and give any info on what is going on with the new rides if this is true?
does that mean they will only be making bikes with that gimmicky magic link?
They phased out some good bikes in the name of marketing that idea.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.