Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What is thru axle

571 views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  dream4est 
#1 ·
What is thru axle. I understand quick release as my judy tt forks use this. So i am aware of what a hub is like with no fork on etc.

Would it be that the forks dropouts are closed circles and that to remove them you would have to undo a nut at each side and then slide the axle totally out from the hub and through one side of the fork or am i way off.

Thanks in advance.

also, what advantage is this to quick release apart from things like anti theft (of your wheel)

#3 ·
zedro said:
you are correct, and the benefit is added stiffness and strength. You might notice motorcycle wheels dont come in quick release format.
that's It Zedro, your Posting Whore Days are over. Why don't we start a pole saying you should be the BIg man here who makes every thing runs smoothly. You should be the D@mn Admin in this broken down Forum. peace

#7 ·
Max_winner1 said:
that's It Zedro, your Posting Whore Days are over. Why don't we start a pole saying you should be the BIg man here who makes every thing runs smoothly. You should be the D@mn Admin in this broken down Forum. peace
Or how about I make you my b*tch.

#13 ·
BJ- said:
kelesis...

u sure do like u post threads about absaloute crap all... :rolleyes:
lol er thanks BJ

well i'm just a beginner and when I read all this stuff i dont know what you guys are talking about. And by asking questions i can find out.

In the last days i have asked about thru axles, and what rotors fit on which forks and what international standard is. And also started a little post about the new kona stuff.

Maybe you are right :D

#14 ·
kelesis said:
lol er thanks BJ

well i'm just a beginner and when I read all this stuff i dont know what you guys are talking about. And by asking questions i can find out.

In the last days i have asked about thru axles, and what rotors fit on which forks and what international standard is. And also started a little post about the new kona stuff.

Maybe you are right :D
You can also use the search function on this site and find the answers to any of your questions-much better than starting new threads asking very basic questions.

#16 ·
Dogboy said:
You can also use the search function on this site and find the answers to any of your questions-much better than starting new threads asking very basic questions.
dogboy you are a genius. lets hops the dh/freeride world reads this and stops posting useless threads. the search function? what a brilliant idea!!! the only problem dogboy is now you will have to start a thread to show everyone how to use the search deal on this site, which will evolve into into random discussions about the type of search to do, what should i search for, what is google, can i find my lost cat with the mtbr search, etc, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.