Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This my fist full sus bike , and its got this Float RP2 fitted on the frame i bought..
Can anyone tell me why it has this valve at the bottom..??

IMG_6259.jpg

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i know about the top valve..
But what is the bottom one for..?? (the one on left of picture)

·
Registered
385 Posts
This is a guess on my part but I would assume this is an old model with two air chambers and two valves. I'm sure someone around here knows more but you could also look up the model#. All the Rp2's I found only had the top valve.

·
Registered
2017 Transition Smuggler XL
962 Posts
Previous owner of the shock modified the IFP charge port and equipped it with Shrader valve. You can now fill the IFP camber yourself, without needing the special needle valve that only Fox authorized service centres have. This modification makes it possible to do full maintenance of the shock by yourself.

·
Bipolar roller
1,353 Posts
My old Manitou Swinger 3 way SPV had 2 air valves as well. SPV was Manitous pro pedal and it is there to help reduce the heavy pedaling feedback.

It is older and i found this regarding the SPV, but i don't really know what it means "The pressure on the damper in the chamber affects the compresion. The ramp up not only affects a small air spring, but the damper too, so you can adjust end stage damper."

I remember that i needed to get the air pressure correct in both chambers for it work properly, if not, the rear end had issues (either too much bob, or too stiff. However, when i did get the pressure correct it worked quite well.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
My old Manitou Swinger 3 way SPV had 2 air valves as well. SPV was Manitous pro pedal and it is there to help reduce the heavy pedaling feedback.

It is older and i found this regarding the SPV, but i don't really know what it means "The pressure on the damper in the chamber affects the compresion. The ramp up not only affects a small air spring, but the damper too, so you can adjust end stage damper."

I remember that i needed to get the air pressure correct in both chambers for it work properly, if not, the rear end had issues (either too much bob, or too stiff. However, when i did get the pressure correct it worked quite well.
Arnea is right. This is a modified IFP filling valve. It is more like a tuning/maintenance thing. Not at all related with the SPV stuff.

However, would it be a Boost Valve Fox shock, then this modification would work like it did on the SPV shocks (because, basically, the Boost Valve in Fox shocks is a fancy SPV valve).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts