Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 355 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought this was an interesting topic I would bring up. There are several things I have seen that are strange. Just wondering what other people have seen that is outrageous or humorous while biking.

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
2,418 Posts
Two chicks and a dude were naked on a blanket in the middle of our trail with a video camera set up on a tripod filming the action .... four of us came blazing by with the standard, "How's it going" head nod :thumbsup:

Matt

·
2006 Yeti AS-X
3,217 Posts
One guy and two chicks wanting to make a self made XXX movie and they think they'll have privacy next to a mtb trail?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nixgame22 said:
Care to share any???
Saw a couple having sex on a bench deep on the woods. Everyone in our group just rode past and someone said "Don't mind us, carry on." Lol.
Also, saw a hunter skinning a deer in an area where it was illegal. That was definitely an awkward site.

·
Ride More - Suffer Less
2,648 Posts
I rode up to a girl scurrying down the single track with her shorts around her ankles trying to pull her g-string back up. I gave her the complimentary, "ON YOUR LEFT" as I passed by. She looked red as a tomato and her friends down the trail we all laughing.

Another time night riding solo I saw two beady eyes reflecting off in the distance and as I approached it was an all black cat up in a dwarf oak tree trailside. I stopped and rested for a moment hanging out with the cat. It did a few face rubs, meowed and bolted of as did I...eh minus the face rubs....not superstitious but was weird.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nixgame22 said:
Care to share any???
Also, biking at the local reservoir last summer, beginning a night ride I saw a big group of high school boys getting ready to swim, but were all in their underwear. I remember someone freaking out and saying as I passed, "Oh my god! Who's that? Oh he has a light." It was actually quite disturbing to see that.

·
humber river advocate
6,395 Posts
we did bust/caught a pervert photographer taking pictures of a naked minor. saw what was happening called the cops and lead the police to where he was on the trail.

·
Vermonter to the Core
435 Posts
singlesprocket said:
we did bust/caught a pervert photographer taking pictures of a naked minor. saw what was happening called the cops and lead the police to where he was on the trail.
Should have saved the tax payers 40K and year and given him an old fashion drawing and quatered!!

·
Vermonter to the Core
435 Posts
Just last week I was hiking off the trial due to a broken RD and no spare parts.. i came up on a pheasent and it was pissed I was around, the damn thing chased me for 100 yards!!
JEM

·
Registered
132 Posts
not quite as bizarre as your folks 'clotheless' encounters...but...weirdish none the less. :)

this lil teddy was probably 5+ miles from a th..off of a single track.

Attachments

·
Primative Screwhead
321 Posts
Mine.

A grey-white barn owl silently keeping pace directly in front of me whilst I was night riding.

Not weird, but cool. One of those times where you think: "Now this is awesome."

·
WTF
292 Posts
I found a brand new walmart bike 10 feet up in a tree yesterday, 10 miles into the trail. someone got frustrated no doubt.

·
humber river advocate
6,395 Posts
JEM2 said:
Should have saved the tax payers 40K and year and given him an old fashion drawing and quatered!!
from what we understood from the cops when we followed up is that they couldn`t talk about it which probally means a wider investigation into a ring. this perv had all sorts of camera equipment with him. i`m sure he is getting real good treatment in jail.

·
!snotrocket!
228 Posts
the funniest thing I've seen while out riding was a whole pack of guy's probably all in their 20's filming a home made star wars movie. these guy's had full costumes, light sabers and a couple of cameras on tri pods. it was hilarious because they were so serious. wish I had my camera that day. I did have it with me for this one though. I got in between a gobbler and his hen the other day, he was pissed! but, I did manage to get a good shot of him.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
6 US Marshals in all black battle gear with full auto MP5's looking for 3 escaped federal prisoners all of which were Mexican serving long sentences. The last thing they proably thought they would see was a 300 pound Mountain biker bombing down a downhill. I think i scared them more than they scared me. Thank God I diodnt fit the profile

1 - 20 of 355 Posts