Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Air Pirate
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Furry thread made me think about the weirdness that people can get into when they dress for riding. I used to live in a beach city with a bike trail running along the shorefront, so we would see all sort of things.

The roadies pacelining, about 20 of them, all wearing mouseketeer ears...

The Santa Clauses on bikes during Christmas...

The dude who would paint himself a different color every day and ride along the trail on his beach cruiser, singing at the top of his lungs...

What had you guys seen?

·
...idios...
5,662 Posts
Taking a break on the trail one day, I watched a guy huffing and puffing his way through a pretty tough, technical climb wearing, from the top, helmet, clear glasses, a typical MTB jersey, hydro-pack pack and then...denim jeans and those weird slip-on shoes (loafers, or whatever they're called...the kind of thing that people who frequent yacht clubs wear). He looked as though he'd packed everything for his ride with the exception of shorts and shoes, discovered his error at the trail car park, thought "f*ck it, I'm riding!!" and cracked on regardless. Weird, and weirdly respectable, both at the same time.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Ultra skinny tanned guy that looked to be in his 70's wearing only sneakers and a Speedo. Looked like he escaped from a Bahamian concentration camp. Very disturbing.

·
knock-knock...
577 Posts
at the university of vt, on the last day of classes in the semester at midnight there is a naked bike ride...

its a lotta fun. so i guess its more of what we don't wear, but whatever. the body paint is out in full force.

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
You're all wrong....

How can anyone argue against the perpetual one man freak show of www.bikerfox.com

The primary difference between him and Burning Man, SSWC, Punk Bike Enduro or any other bike specific event is that he lives his oddity 24/7 - 365.

·
Riiiiiide...
691 Posts
Mega Avalanche

There is a mega avalanche clip on youtube where a guy does the race in a full out cow suit.. head to toe.. too funny. At one point he smashes into another rider and causes a chain reaction .. toooo funny!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
622 Posts
My wife and I were camping one day and a guy rode into our camp spot, pulled out a harmonica, tried to play it, bent over, pulled down his shorts, spread his ass cheeks, told us his name was "Panament Pat", showed us a bruise on his ass he got from going down the river on an inner tube and hitting a rock. He then stood up and tried to play the harmonica again and sing us a song, at that point my dog got up, streached, walked over to him and bit his foot, Panament Pat pulled up his shorts, stuck the harmonica in his pocket, got on his bike and rode away.
We all laughed for at least three days. It was the most bizzare thing I ever saw on a bike and I swear to God it is true. His song went like this--- "My name is Panament pat and I want to let you know, I used to be famous betcha couldnt tell, Panament pat, betcha ya couldnt tell"
I had a video camera sitting in my lap and I am still kicking myself for forgeting it was there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.