Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Bird watcher
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could have any frame set, what would it be and why?
Mine is the ritchey p23. It is the best x-country rig i have ever ridden. Nothing is as well rounded imho. Plus it rides like a caddy and looks like a rolls. How about you people?

·
artistic...
7,636 Posts
right now my wicked lite. it's compliant but handles tough technical singletrack. i really want to try a ritchey P series. i have an ibis mojo but the wicked feels better in chalenging terrain.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Currently there are 2 bikes that I would say are my favorite vintage rides. A 90/91 P-23 tig and a '92 Gilmour with Ti Mag21's. They handle very simular and are a blast to ride. Its amazing how well these Ti Mag21's work on the Gilmour:D Only took me 3 sets of forks to get one that actually worked well :rolleyes: Both bikes are setup with XT thumbies and
8 speed XTR 12/32 cassettes

·
Registered
122 Posts
Definately gotta be the Breezer Beamer for me. I loved my Marin Pine mountain back in the day, but the Breezer is just plain magical!!

·
No known cure
5,913 Posts
kb11 said:
Currently there are 2 bikes that I would say are my favorite vintage rides. A 90/91 P-23 tig and a '92 Gilmour with Ti Mag21's. They handle very simular and are a blast to ride. Its amazing how well these Ti Mag21's work on the Gilmour:D Only took me 3 sets of forks to get one that actually worked well :rolleyes: Both bikes are setup with XT thumbies and
8 speed XTR 12/32 cassettes

Love the Gilmour! Especially the bird on the stem clamp.

·
Illuminati
1,730 Posts
MendonCycleSmith said:
The OP said Ultimate, so my brain immediately wanders over to my Merlin lugged S-Works, ti carbon Ultimate. Great bike, and a consumate reminder of what a XC race hardtail should ride like :D
I dont have a problem agreeing with that :D

·
artistic...
7,636 Posts
hey elev..
i have that number! one of the first mtb mags i bought and had a huge impact on me.

·
exacerbated member
241 Posts
At the time I was in a position to commission the third (003) Mtn Everest from Tom, I had no real understanding of the significance it would hold. Basically an all hand brazed customized version of the Comp-23, it became instantly, and has stayed my favorite of all the bikes I have ever owned or even ever ridden. Of all the things that have come and gone in my life, the Everest has stayed and given me many years of pleasure and service. I am elated that the resurgence of interest in classic and vintage bikes is as prevalent as it is. I will soon be too old to fully utilize this best of all bikes and will seek out a new custodian for it. But I will never for get the honor that has been mine for owning her. Please for give the ravings of an old man.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.