Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
right now it remains high

Probably 4,000 feet... above Kyburz. Been a dry year and some of the storms have been warm, melting whatever snow may have been there. It's not yet accumulating.

BUT... supposed to be VERY cold (by Norcal standards) at the end of the week, with potential snow at very low elevations.

·
Registered
20 Posts
*looks out window*, it is pretty clear oout right now... no snow but some parts of the trail will really shock you how muddy they are... make sure if you even think it is muddy keep to the edge off the trail or you are going to get more of a workout then you want.

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,858 Posts
LT4mula said:
...make sure if you even think it is muddy keep to the edge off the trail or you are going to get more of a workout then you want.
Poor "advice" like this pisses me off. You need to grab the book called "What Really Focks Up A Trail."

Are you a newbie to the sport? Get a grip.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Finch Platte said:
Poor "advice" like this pisses me off. You need to grab the book called "What Really Focks Up A Trail."

Are you a newbie to the sport? Get a grip.
wow, thanks for the warm welcome... I guess that there are internet hard asses on every board.

to answer your question yes, I'm fairly new to the sport up here in norcal where there are trails actually worth riding but I doubt that everyone is such a badass that when cranking up a hill for 10mins that they want to push through 5 inchs of mud for another mile. when I started dragging my derailer through it I figured it would be good to give someone a heads up but if that is considered fun in the "cool guy" mountain biking world I do indeed have alot to learn.

it is funny though, everyone I've met on the trails have been great people, and all the sudden I get on a forum and the first reply I get is a burn... I'll try not to **** up and give anymore heads up though. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
104 Posts
LT4mula said:
wow, thanks for the warm welcome... I guess that there are internet hard asses on every board.
Yo Finch. You were a bit harsh. Especially since the guy just joined the forum this month. You might have said something less negative like "It's been show that riding off the side of the trail does a lot more trail damage" instead of attacking the guy personally. Just a suggestion.

·
mind taking
370 Posts
Some of you bikers are some cranky old bastards, that much is for sure. I've never been welcomed so generously and denied so harshly as I have by bicyclists, without a doubt. Shrug it off LT, theres plenty more where that came from.

But yeah, sure is dry out there right now. Better get some snow on the ground soon, I've got a 4 month lease on a ski cabin up in SouthLake that isn't even worth going to right now. Anyone know how to Snow Dance? I forgot all my moves after I left Michigan.

·
Registered
20 Posts
sorry guys, I realise how that sounded now... and I pretty much understand the whole erosion thisg. (been building trails and roads in the Marnies for the last 4 years.) However this spot is more of a fireroad that is basically cut into the earth... the edges arn't of any consern in this case... in fact if it was my road I'd be pissed if someone rode a rut right tthrough the middle of it... that will later turn into another rocky ditch. After riding SW and salmon falls today I understand why the rules are out there.

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,858 Posts
LT4mula said:
sorry guys, I realise how that sounded now... and I pretty much understand the whole erosion thisg. (been building trails and roads in the Marnies for the last 4 years.) However this spot is more of a fireroad that is basically cut into the earth... the edges arn't of any consern in this case... in fact if it was my road I'd be pissed if someone rode a rut right tthrough the middle of it... that will later turn into another rocky ditch. After riding SW and salmon falls today I understand why the rules are out there.
Awright, awright. Yes, I'm a cranky old bastard. :eek: Sorry about the harsh words, but I ride with guys who will widen the trail just to keep a little mud of their backsides, and it pisses me off to no end, because they know better.

But I apologize for taking it out on you.

And welcome to the forum(s)! :thumbsup:

fp

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.