Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
There is a 24t 10 spd chainring available from SRAM, but I don't know if it's available in 120 bcd, it's definately available for 104 bcd since Specialized uses them on their custom SRAM S-2200 cranksets. I would call them or look in 2011 SRAM spare parts catalog.

·
The SRAM guy
46 Posts
26 ring is the smallest that will fit on an XX crank. Using any combination of rings other than 26-39 and 28-42 will have serious repurcussions on shift performance and drive train dependability. The timing on these rings is very specific, and changing to a 24 small ring (if somebody made one) would impact shift performance. We have calculated that a 25 tooth ring might fit on the 80 BCD, but not a 24. The bolts interfere with the chain. The Specialized 24-38 rings are mounted to a 104 BCD crank.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Chris,
I come across this Specialized crankset the other day, I was wondering what chainline it has?

Update:
Never mind, I saw your parallel post just now, so it is 49.5mm.
Interesting, now I need to figure out if it will fit on a Niner Air Carbon.

·
The SRAM guy
46 Posts
Actually, the Specialized 24-38 rings are 47.5mm chain line. 49.5 applies to current 26-39 and 28-42 2x10 rings.
A Specialized S Works crank with XX rings maintains the 49.5 chainline though.
Make sense?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.