Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what Ventana recommends for the sag on my Fox shock on my Ventana El Bastardo? I have it setup with 4" rockers. Also what about the White Brothers Fluid 130mm fork on my Bastardo?

Thanks,

Chuck

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
30% sag has always been the recommended starting point. +\- 5% to suit your tastes for your generation of V's. I run 28% Sag on my salty (same rockers) = 5/8" on a 2.25" stroke RP23.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
30% sag has always been the recommended starting point. +\- 5% to suit your tastes for your generation of V's. I run 28% Sag on my salty (same rockers) = 5/8" on a 2.25" stroke RP23.

Yep that is what I am running mine at 30%. However it is interesting that you have a 2.25" stroke shock on 4" rockers. My shock is 2" and that was what Teresa told me I needed. She also told me you use a 2" stroke shock for 5" rockers as well. Only 2.25" stroke on the 5.5" travel rockers for the El Bastardo.

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
My generation Salty will clear the extra travel of the 2.25" stroke. Nets me 110mm at the rear. I pair that with a Pike classic at 110-120mm upfront. A bit more "trail" bike than a standard 100/100 Salt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.