Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So every now and then I get a message about receiving rep points from another forum user and it's a nice thing to get a nod or some love like that but other then a short lived little feel good moment I don't get the point.

Sometimes like this past week I get the opposite, this last one was from someone that said I offended them. Whaaaa! Get over it and grow a pair son! I don't care about the rep point thing but I am annoyed that people are such p#@sys.

I guess it's a way to get the forum to self moderate but I think the rep points is an illusion that doesn't mean anything. Are there any benefits to rep points other than forum users stroking each other or trying to do the opposite?

So for the record.........I don't give a sh#t about rep points and I still can't figure out how to give them out.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I think it's supposed to allow users to evaluate the credibility/experience/worthiness of a poster's comments. Doesn't really work out that way in practice. I use positive rep on occasion to show some one I enjoyed their post or found it helpful/valuable. I never give negative rep. I respond with my own view or w/ the idiots I just ignore them.

To use the rep function, click on the star icon on the bottom strip of a message (next to the triangle w/ the exclamation mark. To view rep comments go to the settings page.

·
Registered
8,672 Posts
So every now and then I get a message about receiving rep points from another forum user and it's a nice thing to get a nod or some love like that but other then a short lived little feel good moment I don't get the point.
that's the point of positive rep

Sometimes like this past week I get the opposite, this last one was from someone that said I offended them. Whaaaa! Get over it and grow a pair son! I don't care about the rep point thing but I am annoyed that people are such p#@sys.
and that's the point of negative rep.

·
How much further ???
2,371 Posts
Thanks for posting that you dont give a sh!t about rep points. I should neg rep you for a stupid ass thread but I wont.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts

I guess it's a way to get the forum to self moderate but I think the rep points is an illusion that doesn't mean anything. Are there any benefits to rep points other than forum users stroking each other or trying to do the opposite?

So for the record.........I don't give a sh#t about rep points and I still can't figure out how to give them out.
Sweet....just sent you some rep points!!!!!!

(For the record, I have no idea what it mean, nor do I give a ****.)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.