Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Ooh, something;s coming back! I wonder if it'll be a 29er or the good ol' 26" steel HT??

I predict a 120mm up front, steel frame with a 142x12 rear.

·
Registered
594 Posts
It's about time!

I have been riding a fat bike for the past 2 winters and I now hate to see winter end. In fact I love big tires so much I sold my FS mtb frame and fork and built a 29+ for my summer ride. Love the traction and stability. I am climbing stuff I have no business climbing and I am so much faster.

Any bike with a tire smaller than 3" is a road bike:p

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,939 Posts
I called that happening months ago... I knew something was up when my post got 250+ views but no response from RMB who usually has someone reply on question threads eventually.

As to Rockshox... take the RS-1... widen the crown/upper carbon and poof...fat fork. Its tall enough already and uses QR15 dropouts with 110mm spacing currently. Nobody on a fat bike is gonna notice a bit of loss in torsional stiffness from not having the torque-tube hub when you add an inch to the dropout spacing and combine it with tires around 6 psi of air pressure.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I said they would bring back the Blizzard as a fat bike a year or two ago. It just makes sense. Glad they did it. Now they just need to make one in carbon with a carbon rigid fork, rims and the new Next crank. Carbon everything. :)

·
Registered
890 Posts
35lbs is not heavy for a fat bike considering some Surlys are around the 40lbs mark. And for the intended use, 35 lbs isn't much either. Of course a 35 lbs weight is hypothetical based on a all-steel hypothesis. House of cards anyone?
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I'm saying 25 pounds is too heavy for ME. 35 pounds would be insane. There is no way I'd ever buy a steel Surly or any steel bike ( road, cross, etc). I'm done with steel.

I would have preferred a carbon Blizzard fat bike with all carbon everything but that's not how things work. If this bike sells (and it will) then maybe in 2016 there will be a carbon Vertex/whatever fatbike that weighs under 25 pounds even with the suspension fork.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.