Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
In my mind, I can do it!
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I occasionally receive emails to posts I have subscribed to by leaving some message and the email has a link to the post. It doesn't have a link to the message it references, only to the post in general. Well if you have a thread that has 300+ messages, it can get tedious to find the message referenced by the email. Is there some secret to doing this better?

Also, I rarely get the email notifications. Only sometimes and very often the ones I get are not responses to my thread. Even when someone responds to a thread from me, I rarely get the email about it. Are these common issues?

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
The emails I get include a link to the thread in general as well as to the specific answer. I also get an email for every subscribed thread. Review your account setup options.

·
In my mind, I can do it!
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bikinfoolferlife said:
The emails I get include a link to the thread in general as well as to the specific answer. I also get an email for every subscribed thread. Review your account setup options.
Yes, I get an email like that as well but the link doesn't take you to the specific answer that is given in the body of the email. It just takes you to the post in general. If you want to find that message you either have to search the page or scroll until you find it. This is odd because the link should take you to the actual message location. This notification for instance lists this link: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=91785

When it would actually be better if it would list this link: http://forums.mtbr.com/showpost.php?p=817334&postcount=2

That would make more sense, don't you think?

Not getting all the emails might have something to do with our firewall here or something. We have an anti spam service that confuses MTBR emails sometimes.

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
Bikinfoolferlife said:
You'll notice towards the bottom of the Reply page, below the "Submit Reply" button there are some additional options, including "thread subscription". Here you can select to receive email notifications for that particular thread. You're probably somehow selecting that box on random messages, and probably accidentally with your scroll wheel, selecting one of the notification options.

As for finding the exact post the email references, I'm not so sure. Do you view threads in linear, threaded or hybrid format? Linear is easiest for finding the most recent responses, and I have all of my threads set to display newest post first, so the most current addition is always at the top of the first page.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.