Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

theyre both the same price, same weight, appear to the "recent" item on most sites, but the Easton website has the first one shown.
the first one also doesnt look like CF...theres no weave???
im not gettin it...... :confused:

·
Registered
148 Posts
The first one is the new CNT (carbon nano tube) and should be about 15% stronger and lighter (at least Monkeylite XC is).

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
They actually weigh the same but the first one is advertised to be stronger (15% as mentioned)

I think Mine weighed 105g

·
Registered
162 Posts
Jersey said:
[
the first one also doesnt look like CF...theres no weave???
im not gettin it...... :confused:
The weave you are accustomed to seeing is a single outer layer put there purely for cosmetic reasons. The unidirectional carbon used for the structure of the bar is significantly stronger than the weave on the outside of the bar, so Easton wisely chose to omit it in their newest designs.

·
Registered
796 Posts
It's a great bar and the CNT looks much better without those garish graphics that the old version has. I would have prefered a 15% weight reduction instead of the 15% increase in strength, to bring the weight to that of a Schmolke at a fraction of the price but oh well.

·
Registered
139 Posts
eurorider said:
I would have prefered a 15% weight reduction instead of the 15% increase in strength, to bring the weight to that of a Schmolke at a fraction of the price but oh well.
It's a lot easier for them to quote a "15% increase in strength" than it is for them to make a bar 15% lighter ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts