Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference between Cannondale si and Cannondale one cranks?

About a month ago I stripped my cranks lock ring. I had a hard time to find a replacement Cannondale Si crank. After a few weeks I bought the Cannondale one crank. I did not not buy this at first since I thought it was lower end model and due to bike shortages I could not find the Si. I just installed the one and saw the model number is the same. Why did Cannondale change the name of Si(system integrated) to one? Anyone have ideas why? I was just very confused for a while.

·
Registered
165 Posts
They had annoyed enough people with the "SI" range that a rebranding was in order. And then for funsies, perhaps they raised the price a few times ... you know ... because of shipping costs.

Just be glad you could find one I guess?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I did get the last one from Amazon/Cannondaleexperts

I would be ok with the rebranding if they kept the same model #, si is kp423, one is K2204075 but on both old/new cranks it says ck-141. (My fault not research the picture a little more. But I still could not find one today to buy with the search phrase ck141. )

BTW, I wanted to upgrade to sram dub system and get rid of any Cannondale proprietary system, but could not figure how to purchase a new crank arm and keep the AI offset. I would think any 173 crank arm with spacers would work, but it would be an expensive test if I was wrong. My bike shop tried to get parts, but they also ran into stocking issues. I do all my repairs, but I am a little lost on crank arm spacing.

·
Registered
789 Posts
2021 Cannondale ONE: (previously Cannondale Si) lowest end crank, one piece solid forged
2021 Cannondale Hollowgram: (previously Hollowgram Si) mid range, one piece 3D forged hollow aluminum
2021 Cannondale SiSL2: high end, two piece bonded hollow aluminum

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I really like my fsi, I will try hard not get a different bike for bb issues.

Can someone please explain if I get a normal crankset and offset the chain ring the same it is now. What is the issues? Does it work/not work?

Maybe I should get a extra ai BB spindle, right now they are only $44.

Tonight, I just got back from great 2nd ride with the new crankset and an absolute black oval. Crank works well/same as before. Oval chainring is slightly different and I think I like it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.