Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Andrewpalooza said:
Everyone I've talked to (offline) said just get the rc, you won't be disappointed.
no, that's not it...

the 66r is an oem fork, and it comes on the bike i want... i was wondering if it is worth the trouble (not money) to change it out for a 66 rc?

also, how much could i get for a 66r on ebay or classifieds?

·
gnar, brah
1,861 Posts
JBsoxB said:
no, that's not it...

the 66r is an oem fork, and it comes on the bike i want... i was wondering if it is worth the trouble (not money) to change it out for a 66 rc?

also, how much could i get for a 66r on ebay or classifieds?
In that case just keep the 66r, you'll be eating quite a bit of dough if you go through the trouble to switch them out unless you can get a good price on ebay. I thought you were going to build up your own bike...?

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Andrewpalooza said:
In that case just keep the 66r, you'll be eating quite a bit of dough if you go through the trouble to switch them out unless you can get a good price on ebay. I thought you were going to build up your own bike...?
money isn't an obstacle (pm me if you don't know why) so i am just wondering if i can/should get a complete switch w/ a 66r and swap that out for a 66rc...(along with a bunch of other parts...)

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
JBsoxB said:
money isn't an obstacle (pm me if you don't know why) so i am just wondering if i can/should get a complete switch w/ a 66r and swap that out for a 66rc...(along with a bunch of other parts...)
Let me guess....Mommy and Daddy are paying for it??? Here's what you do, if you are going thru an LBS to get the bike, just tell them to upgrade the fork for you, and charge you the difference. They do all the work, and you save money over selling one on e-bay.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Tough call. See if your shop will swap it for like an extra 150$ or something. The compression knob is nice to have but you can always change the oil weight so I wouldn't go through the hassle/expense just for that. I'm kinda leaning no just because the Marz. Z1 FR 1 uses one SSVF and one HSCV and it feels awesome so I bet the 66R feels awesome too, almost like the RC. You probably wouldn't notice the difference of just having one hscv cartridge instead of two.

If you do try to sell the 66R it would fetch about half way between the VF and RC so maybe 500$ US on ebay for a new one. (Guess). I say do it if your shop will swap but don't do it if you gotta go through the time/hassle to sell the fork yourself and the risk of not finding a reasonable buyer.

·
Who are the brain police?
10,112 Posts
Maybe it would be cheaper to buy another ssvf cartiridge and just swap those out instead of taking a hit on ebay for selling/buying?

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
El Chingon said:
JBsoxB said:
Let me guess....Mommy and Daddy are paying for it???
You are probably right on target on that one!

I was guessing he either won the lottery or is a drug dealer. Or is a drug dealer that won the lottery...... :rolleyes:

Either way I hear he is going to be sponsoring a bunch of people as money is no object. He is taking resumes in his PM please. Attach a photo of you throwing it down when you submit your application.

TJ ;)

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
El Chingon said:
Let me guess....Mommy and Daddy are paying for it??? Here's what you do, if you are going thru an LBS to get the bike, just tell them to upgrade the fork for you, and charge you the difference. They do all the work, and you save money over selling one on e-bay.
no, and i take offense to that :mad: (jk :p ) i work at a shop.

so i was wondering how much i could get for a 66r (at least $500 right?)

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
006_007 said:
As for the question of it being worth $500, you should be able to get that as the RC has a MSRP of @ $800. Also depends on what the steer tube is cut down to as well.
it should be uncut...

but since it comes with a bike will it be mounted already? i'm not even gonna mount it if i don't have to... i want it to sell as new.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.