Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, I got a giant yukon (I didn't think I was going to get into biking as much as I have), which has been upgraded with fox vannilla forks, sun single track rims with xt hubs and some new pedals. I killed the scorpions that came with the bike and bought some kenda comforts for the old rims (for to and from work) and now I need some tires for some stupid **** like jumps and minor downhill... any suggestions? Also does anybody know how big of a tire my stupid frame can hold, I wanna get some 2.5 or some 2.7 but I buy most of my stuff off the internet (cause I live in the middle of nowhere) and don't wanna go with the 2.7 just to return them cause they are rubbing

matt :(

·
Registered
571 Posts
Buy the tires you want and try to mount and see if they fit.

It's really the only way to know because tire measurements can be all over the place.
My Tioga Factory DH 2.1 is gigantic compared to my IRC Mythos 2.1, both are sold as 2.1 tires. So measuring your frame isn't a fool proof way of figuring things out.

See if your shop will let you return the tire if they don't clear your stays or forks.

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
bigandcanadian said:
hey, I got a giant yukon (I didn't think I was going to get into biking as much as I have), which has been upgraded with fox vannilla forks, sun single track rims with xt hubs and some new pedals. I killed the scorpions that came with the bike and bought some kenda comforts for the old rims (for to and from work) and now I need some tires for some stupid **** like jumps and minor downhill... any suggestions? Also does anybody know how big of a tire my stupid frame can hold, I wanna get some 2.5 or some 2.7 but I buy most of my stuff off the internet (cause I live in the middle of nowhere) and don't wanna go with the 2.7 just to return them cause they are rubbing

matt :(
Measure the clearance of your current tires then check the specs on my Tire Site. You will be able to get a good idea on which tires may fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts