Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Underskilled
4,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
title says it all.

this is supposed to be the big AM bike, but I lack the skill/balls to drop anything bigger than a couple of feet (even that terrifies me).

So what is the most extreme thing people have done on this bike?

Photos would be a bonus!

P

·
Carbon & Ti rule
5,410 Posts
evasive said:
I didn't measure, but feel comfortable saying 2.5 - 3 feet easily.
Come on he said how big a drop 2.5 to 3 feet is just a big step not a drop :D :D

Plenty of old jet owners do 3 feet.

Who is pushing the WFO ?

Anything under 4 ft is not a test for the Rip9.

·
Carbon & Ti rule
5,410 Posts
I'm just used to seeing school kids at the local MTB park do 8 ft to flat drops on there $500hard tail bikes.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
thats funny but true, i remember when i first started riding i had a cannondale super v all tricked out with spin rims and magura hydraulic rim brakes, remember those? anyway i took a good friend out mountian bike riding for the very first time he had a kmart special and boy he had so much fun! the funny part is a month later he brought trek y bike all carbon!!! sorry didnt mean to derail but that was funny!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
No pics to be had (I need to bring some friends with good camera's out on rides more often), but I dropped the tallest drop zone ramp at Keystone testing the WFO 9. I believe the drop was between fifteen to twenty feet (great transition at the bottom).

Steve
Niner Bikes

·
Registered
753 Posts
Holy $hittt!

Niner Bikes said:
No pics to be had (I need to bring some friends with good camera's out on rides more often), but I dropped the tallest drop zone ramp at Keystone testing the WFO 9. I believe the drop was between fifteen to twenty feet (great transition at the bottom).

Steve
Niner Bikes
I have all the more respect for you and your company. Truly putting your money where your mouth is and walking the talk.

Respect,

PF

·
Underskilled
4,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Niner Bikes said:

Steve
Niner Bikes
Please make a Niner video including riding like that, sounds amazing.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The biggest drop I've taken is 8ft. Unfortunately I don't have video of the 8 footer, all I have is a video of an 6 foot drop that I did poorly. I was going too slow on the take off and didn't pull up quite enough. Not much style but at least I rolled away with the rubber down.

(edited: I don't want to be a sand bagger)

·
Registered
55 Posts
whydomylegshurt? said:
The biggest drop I've taken is 10ft. Unfortunately I don't have video of the 10 footer, all I have is a video of an 8 foot drop that I did poorly. I was going too slow on the take off and didn't pull up quite enough. Not much style but at least I rolled away with the rubber down.

Hey legs hurt, are you on a Rip or a WFO of that drop?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.