Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Bandit 29 FTW!!!
1,164 Posts
Dawn dishwashing liquid. It's a mild degreaser and will take off the oils from your skin.

Also really good for cleaning bike parts. If you let them soak in a bucket with a water/soap mix they scrub super clean.

·
EDR
10,699 Posts
Expensive Oakley glasses are mainly expensive because of the brand name not the quality of the product so much. I have an "expensive" pair of Maui Jims I simply lick with my tongue and wipe with a cloth that came with them. Works perfectly. If they actually have dirt on them rather than just dried sweat I'll use dish soap.

·
Bandit 29 FTW!!!
1,164 Posts
Expensive Oakley glasses are mainly expensive because of the brand name not the quality of the product so much. I have an "expensive" pair of Maui Jims I simply lick with my tongue and wipe with a cloth that came with them. Works perfectly. If they actually have dirt on them rather than just dried sweat I'll use dish soap.
HaHa...I do the same thing when I'm out fishing with my Costa's.

Oakley doesn't make glass lenses so they are easier to scratch. This makes them lighter which is why I like them for riding.

I wouldn't use my T-shirt to wipe them off unless it was a dry-fit shirt and even then I'd prefer to just carry a lens cloth with me on rides.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
I use Acetone on the cheap ones.
Don't use fingernail polish remover, it will scar the plastic. In fact, stay away from solvents.

I agree with using dish soap, it de-greasing capabilities also work well for grease stains on clothing as a pre-treater too. Using spit and your t-shirt will most likely scratch the lenses. Use a clean terry cloth/micro-fiber towel to dry and wipe.

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
what is the best solvent to clean expensive oakley glasses lens?
Oakley has cheap lens?
Don't use fingernail polish remover, it will scar the plastic. In fact, stay away from solvents.

I agree with using dish soap, it de-greasing capabilities also work well for grease stains on clothing as a pre-treater too. Using spit and your t-shirt will most likely scratch the lenses. Use a clean terry cloth/micro-fiber towel to dry and wipe.
The OP trolled asking about "solvent", Acetone is a high quality solvent.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.