Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

First of all, I want to apologize for starting another thread on Seatpost Droppers. I thought I should post another one since my
other one died.

Anyway, I bid on a few KS Lev seat posts on Ebay and got outbid. They are tough to win! There seems to be a big demand for them.

I've been told that KS is the best for the size I need. I've also heard that the Gravity Droppers are good too.

My question is: Which models of these brands are the best (in terms of durability and ease of use) in the size I need? And Which ones' should I avoid?

Of course, I am interested in knowing other brands/models I should consider.

I would like to keep the cost $250 and under.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Kronolog doesn't come in 27.2
Options that I know of are
X-Fusion HiLo I have had one for about 2 years. Good post with a good warranty
Gravity Dropper Turbo I have used one. Simple mechanical operation. Very reliable.
Thompson Dropper not sure if its out yet.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Depends on what you want in a dropper; reliability, or High quality that will need regular maintenance before it wears to uselessness?

I bought a Gravity Dropper LP because they don't leak, bind or wiggle. I can maintenance it myself and parts are available. The GD is generally lighter than the other droppers because of less parts and no hydraulic fluid.

·
Advanced Slacker
15,778 Posts
Here is my 27.2 Gravity Dropper on it 9th Birthday....... that was over a year ago. It is over ten years old.
This was built before any other droppers even existed yet.
You want reliable? This is it.

Wood Bicycle accessory Hardwood Carmine Bicycle part

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Pinkbike published a worthless "review" of multiple dropper posts recently. I can't remember which post that crowned the most reliable on the market, might have been the Fox? But they didn't review a GD. They claim that will be done later this year.

·
Braille Riding Instructor
1,146 Posts
Spent three seasons with a 27.2 mm Gravity Dropper Turbo LP on my 26-inch hardtail. Very reliable and easy to service. Since it's entirely mechanical, weight isn't that bad, either.

Mine has a 4-inch drop with three position settings (up, middle, and down--essentially CTD). Only complaint is another inch would make a big difference, but 5-inch droppers weren't available for 27.2 seatposts at the time I ordered.

They might not be pretty, but they're relatively cheap and last forever. Would recommend. Gravity Dropper folks are easy to work with, too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.