Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

First of all, I want to apologize for starting another thread on Seatpost Droppers. I thought I should post another one since my
other one died.

Anyway, I bid on a few KS Lev seat posts on Ebay and got outbid. They are tough to win! There seems to be a big demand for them.

I've been told that KS is the best for the size I need. I've also heard that the Gravity Droppers are good too.

My question is: Which models of these brands are the best (in terms of durability and ease of use) in the size I need? And Which ones' should I avoid?

Of course, I am interested in knowing other brands/models I should consider.

I would like to keep the cost $250 and under.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I love my Crank Brothers Kronolog. First generation were plagued with problem. New version is as reliable as any post out there.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Kronolog doesn't come in 27.2
Options that I know of are
X-Fusion HiLo I have had one for about 2 years. Good post with a good warranty
Gravity Dropper Turbo I have used one. Simple mechanical operation. Very reliable.
Thompson Dropper not sure if its out yet.

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Search the mtbr forums for KS and their customer service. I wasn't interested in that type but evebn if i were, therir cs gets such high volume of really bad reviews that i wouln't consider them.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Depends on what you want in a dropper; reliability, or High quality that will need regular maintenance before it wears to uselessness?

I bought a Gravity Dropper LP because they don't leak, bind or wiggle. I can maintenance it myself and parts are available. The GD is generally lighter than the other droppers because of less parts and no hydraulic fluid.

·
Bicyclochondriac.
14,516 Posts
Here is my 27.2 Gravity Dropper on it 9th Birthday....... that was over a year ago. It is over ten years old.
This was built before any other droppers even existed yet.
You want reliable? This is it.

GD9th.jpg

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Pinkbike published a worthless "review" of multiple dropper posts recently. I can't remember which post that crowned the most reliable on the market, might have been the Fox? But they didn't review a GD. They claim that will be done later this year.

·
Braille Riding Instructor
1,146 Posts
Spent three seasons with a 27.2 mm Gravity Dropper Turbo LP on my 26-inch hardtail. Very reliable and easy to service. Since it's entirely mechanical, weight isn't that bad, either.

Mine has a 4-inch drop with three position settings (up, middle, and down--essentially CTD). Only complaint is another inch would make a big difference, but 5-inch droppers weren't available for 27.2 seatposts at the time I ordered.

They might not be pretty, but they're relatively cheap and last forever. Would recommend. Gravity Dropper folks are easy to work with, too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts