Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I decided to order a eriksen 29er hardtail now i need a fork for it. Iam 6 foot 6 and 325lbs just wondering what you guys think the best fork for my size might be.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
I will venture a guess that you might be too heavy for the WB fluid series of forks. At 265, I felt like I sometimes overpowered the fork (I had a 135). But give Darek @ WB a call and see what he thinks.

I'd go with the Fox F29, but again a call to Fox would be in order. I'm guessing you want an 80mm.

·
Registered
103 Posts
jcheinikel said:
I'm 275 and I personally love the Reba 29 and the Fox F29. Both are equally great forks.
You dont find flex issues with the Reba do you?? Im contemplating this fork simple because of the Lockout mode. If Fox had the lockout switch, It would be mine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for all the info guys i really like the fox but does anyone know if they make a through axle fork for a 29er. i know white brothers does but i kinda would like to try a fox.thanks

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
As a big guy myself, I would highly recommend a Thru Axle fork for torsional rigidity; I really really like it when the wheel immediately goes the direction that you turn the handelbars. :D :thumbsup:

TA means White Bros. or Manitou Absolute for now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.