Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about selling my bike and just wondering what its worth. Its actually 2 much bike for me right now. Its a Fezzari Nebo Peak. I bought it about 2 years ago after not riding for about 10 years with dreams of charging it every other day. Here 2 years later I have only ridden it about 6-7 times. So the bike is pretty much new. I'm thinking of just going with a hardtail. Thanks for any advice. Cheers

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
How much was it new? 2 years old, take off about 40%(give or take 10%)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
If you are lucky and the bike is in great shape you might get that. Around $1200. I would say.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, yeah as far as I no its in tiptop shape. Maybe a little dusty from sitting around and I did get it on sale the original price was $3500. Should I take a little of that into account?

·
EMBA Member
1,985 Posts
I don't understand the comment too much bike. There is no such thing IMO. You're as likely to not ride a new hardtail as you are to not ride a perfectly good FS, so you may as well hang on to it if there is a chance you may find motivation in the future.

·
I like pie.
585 Posts
I don't understand the comment too much bike. There is no such thing IMO. You're as likely to not ride a new hardtail as you are to not ride a perfectly good FS, so you may as well hang on to it if there is a chance you may find motivation in the future.
Too much bike makes sense to me. A six inch bike can be overkill for many people.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would be happier without rear suspension. maybe a slack 29er for cruising. thats what I mean by too much bike. I come from a BMX background so I didn't really know what I was getting into. A little less maintenance as well. I guess I learned less is more for me. And i'm still super stoked to go out and ride, so hopefully I'll be out much more this year.

·
Bandit 29 FTW!!!
1,164 Posts
The Bicycle Blue Book is crap. Unless it can account for upgraded components then it's not even close in it's assessment of my bike's worth.

·
Bandit 29 FTW!!!
1,164 Posts
It's not designed to determine what it's worth to you. Just what someone else might pay for it.
Well if I've upgraded my brakes, wheels, forks etc then I want that to be part of it's estimated value. How does the BB know I've upgraded my Suntor POS fork to a Fox Talas w/Kashima coating?

·
> /dev/null 2&>1
3,824 Posts
Well if I've upgraded my brakes, wheels, forks etc then I want that to be part of it's estimated value. How does the BB know I've upgraded my Suntor POS fork to a Fox Talas w/Kashima coating?
Obviously you'd adjust up/down based on the specifics of the bike. That doesn't mean bbb is crap. It's a starting point.

Also, and we're getting off Op's original question here, but in my experience upgrades don't really increase the sale price of the bike as much as you'd hope they would. First, the starting point of most searches isn't "xt brakes fox Kashima stans flow". It's "make model". So few in the market for a higher end bike will ever see a lower end bike with higher end parts.

Second, if I came across it, if i saw a bike that came with a Suntour but has a Fox, I still have a Suntour bike on the back of my mind. It's like a tricked out Honda Civic . . . No matter what HP, handling and stereo it has now, it's still a Civic.

I think you're better off parting out highly upgraded bikes for this reason.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts