Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in downtown Denver and no bike shop within 20 miles carries a large carbon fiber Scott Spark. One shop about 20 miles away has one medium carbon fiber Scott Spark. The guy at the shop told me that Scott basically makes all of their bikes at the beginning of the year and Scott has basically sold out of all of their large cf Sparks. Looks like Scott is doing a demo day in Vail at the end of September:

https://www.scott-sports.com/us/en/page/us-bike-demo

Will I most likely need to wait about 3 months in order to test ride a large cf Scott Spark?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Even if you wait and like it when do they build again? Next year ? Late this year ? I would find out first--lots of fine bikes out there these days-----Pivot 429SL new Trek for example and those are available---not my bike segment so really not aware of the competitors but you seem bothered by the wait and if so I would move on

·
Sneaker man
3,656 Posts
Well Scott are anounincing all their new bikes soon (if you look in the Scott section there is a thread about the 2020 bikes, and some info on the range has sneaked out, and they showed the new bike at lasdt nights WC short track race. So they'll be showing them soon and then roll them out i think August? Dunno, check the thread in Scott.
https://forums.mtbr.com/scott-sports/2019-scott-bikes-1074407-3.html#post14173779

·
Hitching a ride
3,193 Posts
I think your best bet would be to team up with Picard and go to the trailhead. You can take turns distracting Scott Spark owners with mind numbing questions while the other grabs the bike and takes it for a test ride. By the time the owner is done navigating the interminable depths of your queries, he'll be so worn out that he won't notice the extra dust on this bike. Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.