Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
A Real Winner.
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is more frustrating than. . .

When you finally make it to the weekend, and you decide to go out to a new trail by your house. So, after you are cruising around for 20 minutes, you realize you are getting a flat tire. So you get off your bike, and then realize that you have two broken spokes on your back wheel. So you and your significant other have to hoof it back to you car, and by the time you get back there, you further realize that you have just wasted your entire Saturday afternoon and only got maybe 20 good minutes of riding in?

Totally lame. I'll be back tomorrow though. . .

·
Registered
35 Posts
One thing that is more frustrating is going out for a long weekend, the first day spent getting there, second with a nice slow explorer type ride to learn some of the trails, and at the end of the day the FNG breakes 5 of your front spokes playing F.F. games at camp. The next day is sunday and the local bike shops are closed...... :mad:

·
Banned
6,057 Posts
sonyisdope said:

When you finally make it to the weekend, and you decide to go out to a new trail by your house. So, after you are cruising around for 20 minutes, you realize you are getting a flat tire. So you get off your bike, and then realize that you have two broken spokes on your back wheel. So you and your significant other have to hoof it back to you car, and by the time you get back there, you further realize that you have just wasted your entire Saturday afternoon and only got maybe 20 good minutes of riding in?

How about every time it starts to look like the trails are drying enough to ride, a storm system rolls through. Story of my summer so far.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I hear ya Drewdane!! I finally got out yesterday, rained on the way up and when we were getting the bikes out. Then it stopped, the sun came out and the rest of the day was beautiful. Planned on riding today local, but alas....the storms again!

Bright side....no drought this year! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yea I hate it when you get into the trail about 10 miles and flat that sucks! but most of the times I come prepared with tubes.
-Sam

·
Registered
79 Posts
sonyisdope said:
How about ordering a new fork, tires and chain. Then having it all come in, breaking your old headset (cheap non top cap style) while installing the fork. Go to LBS next day, buy new headset, buying the parts and making a heaset press. Then installing everything in time for the weekend. Then (while adjusting the brakes) discovering a crack in the down tube.

·
I already rode that
1,632 Posts
I hate it when I get all my gear and go riding to the trail head (15 mins ride for me) and notice the trail is muddy. What I didnt notice was it was raining the night before and day before ( damn working indoors and no looking outside!) so I end up riding along the road which is BORING!! but beats causing trail erosion. Even though there was already afew tracks in the puddles along the first lil part of the trail..

·
Registered
43 Posts
how about when you're all primed to go riding, then while weightlifting you injure your back and you can't ride for at least 3 weeks! now that blows. but that crack in the downtubes sucks even harder.

·
Registered
524 Posts
How about loading a mate and the bikes into the LTD yesterday , rolling 15 minutes to the base of the mountain. Followed by a hard but fast 20 min grind to the top of the ridge on firetrails, and then a lightning fast blast down some awesome singletrack an........oh sorry, my bad :p

·
Official Cooler Inspector
2,652 Posts
Shade Tree Mechanics

Having your good-intentioned-friend check your disc brakes before a long ride, and saying he needed to make "acouple of adjustments" and then - after a long techie downhill you have to stop for a tree and find your front pads have fallen out.

George of the Jungle moment was saved.... by having a spare set in the rear.

Other rhan that - great time.

:cool:

·
Registered
36 Posts
reas my post entitled "Damned yakima trunk rack" if you wanna talk about frustrating....

sonyisdope said:

·
Registered
371 Posts
How about loading all the bikes on the fork mounted roof rack, making sure to load your shoes in the car, and then ending up at the trailhead, realizing that your front wheel is in the garage?

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
6,171 Posts
The most frustrating is realizing that the genes are just not composed properly to become a super athlete.

Aarrgh--I am just predisposed to be the great one at exceling at the yo yo diet and at having thigh and calf cramps that make me wanna take days off the bike at atime.

But it's still all good. I wouldn't give up tasty bad 4 one's self food any faster than I'd give up getting out there as much as I can on the bikes pretending I'm better than I am.

Tho it's frustrating at times knowing I'll probably never average better than 20 MPH on the road and between 5 and 10 MPH on the MTB depending on the flavor of the dirt. And that I'll prob always rather be a team player rather than a solo dude when it comes to 24 hour events.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts