Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
The rounded pads are a dead giveaway for a cat with claws retracted.

I can't tell how big your camera case is, but that looks to be a big kitty, I have seen Bobcat in the Muddy mountains NE of Vegas near Valley of Fire, But that could also be Mountain Lion.

I would bet on Bobcat.

Bobcat track in mud.

Any dog/fox/coyote/wolf track would have claws showing.

·
keepin' it rural
488 Posts
i ran into Brent out at Bootleg the other day, and he mentioned coming across a bobcat out there coming down snakeback...

i didn't even know we had bobcats out here.

·
Registered
764 Posts
The better question is where you found a muddy area? It hasn't rained in weeks, and I don't run across many streams out there.

·
Registered
764 Posts
protolith said:
I found the muddy area on teh interwebs of course...

Googled for pics of bobcat tracks, that was just one I found.
I should have know that, mud in Vegas in June.

I haven't seen any tracks like that out there, but very interesting. I used to ride in NorCal and there were plenty of mountain lions, that would not be a good thing, they are really good at attacking people that are running or riding alone.

·
desert dweller
Ventana El Ciclon
1,644 Posts
Mountain lions are around the area as well. One had been seen in Cottonwood last year near the BFR and a few years ago Leanne's dogs treed one in a Joshua Tree when she was out flagging the Blue Diamond to Jean course -- she was a little spooked since she was alone on foot with her dogs and mile or so from her truck.

mbb

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.