Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my neighbor is selling her trek 7100 to get a road bike.....

It’s a 2008 model 17.5 inch bike (blue and silver) with 400 total miles; I can verify that with my computer.

So what do you think it is worth?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Depends how badly she wants to sell it and how badly you want it. :D
If you really want it 200, if she really wants to sell it 150.
This is based on pretty much nothing but that it was probably around 400 new and I have no idea what kind of condition it's in. 400 hard miles, put away wet is different than 400 trips around the block then dusted.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I do not want it, I have a trek 4300, cannondale rush, and a trek 1.2.

she rides with me around a golf course, I made her take it on a dirt road once. it really is an around the block never ridden in the rain bike, there is only one small blimish on the paint from her car rack when it is taken to the shop for her 30, 60, and 90 day tune up.

It was $440 new...(tax, tags, delivery, and undercoating (joke)

I am only trying to give her an asking price. I was thinking $350 or best offer. Is that unrealistic?

it is $100 off orginal price BUT the 09 are out and the 08s are selling for $375 at the LBS

·
Ride Instigator
3,230 Posts
tbulluck76 said:
I do not want it, I have a trek 4300, cannondale rush, and a trek 1.2.

she rides with me around a gold course, I made her take it on a dirt road once. it really is an around the block never ridden in the rain bike, there is only one small blimish on the paint from her car rack when it is taken to the shop for her 30, 60, and 90 day tune up.

It was $440 new...(tax, tags, delivery, and undercoating (joke)

I am only trying to give her an asking price. I was thinking $350 or best offer. Is that unrealistic?

it is $100 off orginal price BUT the 09 are out and the 08s are selling for $375 at the
LBS
It depends on how bad the seller wants to get rid of it, what someone will give you for it, and how bad they want it. Me? .... I'd give her $2 cuz I don't really want it.

If new 08s like hers are going for $375 I'd say to ask about half that, sorry but there's not much resale value in the entry level used bike market these days.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.