Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Does your dog bite?
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Opinions?

I have an opportunity for buy this bike. It's an 05' 5 spot.

- Size: XL
- Color: Charcoal Gray (special request from Turner, sturdier finish and feel than standard paint)
- XTR Derailleur, XT Hollow-Tech Crank-set, XT Cassette, XT Saint Brake-Set, XTR Pads
- Fox RLC 130 mm Fork
- Fox DHX Air 5.0 Rear Shock (allows for roughly 5.5 inches of both front and rear-end travel)
- Hand-assembled Mavic 721 Rims
- Kenda Kinetics 2.35 Tires (nearly new)
- Thomson Elite Stem and Seat Post
- King Headset
- Carbon Monkey-Lite Handlebar
- Screw-on grips
- Standard Shimano clips available
- Fork and Shock Pumps (and both manuals) included

What do you guys think it's worth? I was going to wait and get a 07', but this bike came up. Owner says it has very low miles.

·
GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
3,844 Posts
$2300-2600, used bikes have worse depreciation than domestic cars. Bike was probably close to $4000 to build. Buying a used bike is a great way to save $$$.

And that setup would be 5.3" in the back and 5.1" in the front, not 5.5" like your post says.

·
Does your dog bite?
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NoahColorado said:
$2300-2600, used bikes have worse depreciation than domestic cars. Bike was probably close to $4000 to build. Buying a used bike is a great way to save $$$.

And that setup would be 5.3" in the back and 5.1" in the front, not 5.5" like your post says.
Thanks-

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
I disagree with Noah - I would say $2000.00 max right now - $2300 in the Spring - It is a buyers market right now and th bike is a decent spec but not super blingy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.