Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie post here. I have a Turner Flux that I was curious about the used value. I traded for the bike so it's hard for me to assign a value based on what I paid. I built up a similar one online today wrench science and retail was around $3800 but the kit was not 100% identical.

It is an 2006 Ano Orange with Rp3 and Fox Float RLC 100 up front. Condition of bike both mechanical and apperance wise is excellent, 9 out of 10. Size is large.

Front der is 06 XTR
Rear is 07 X9
Cranks are Race Face Duece
Shifters are Sram XO Twistys
Brakes are 2007 Avid BB7
Wheels are 819 UST with XT Hubs
Cassette is Sram 970
Tires are UST Maxxis Crossmark
Bars are Easton Monkey Lite SL Riser Carbon
Seatpost is Easton EC70 Carbon
Brake Levers Are Avid Speed dial

Any thoughts?

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
You could start at $2,500, but expect to get bargained down to $2,100-2,300. If you have time, I would search eBay for completed auctions of Turner Fluxes and watch future auctions to get a feel for the market. Used bikes go cheap. It tends to be a buyer's market.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tscheezy said:
You could start at $2,500, but expect to get bargained down to $2,100-2,300. If you have time, I would search eBay for completed auctions of Turner Fluxes and watch future auctions to get a feel for the market. Used bikes go cheap. It tends to be a buyer's market.
Thanks for the words. I've sold lots of bikes but the wild card here was the Turner brand name. I've never really dealt with them or owned so I didn't really have a sense of resale. It has been my experience that certain bikes are pretty easy to resell while others come with baggage. The Turners seem to have a pretty good rep from what I can tell. Thanks again.

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
It's funny, but the reputation of the bike does not directly translate into $$. Ventanas have well deserved super reputations, and as a somewhat limited quantity boutique brand you would think they would always fetch a premium, but there are times when they sell for shockingly little. Titus was in the habit of dumping older, unsold models on eBay which drove the whole Titus market down. There are a lot of factors. I have kept an eye on eBay for Turners in the past year because I was shopping for someone, and it seems like complete Fluxes generally sold for about $200-$500 above the retail price of the frame alone. You would get more for the bike if you parted it out. It's a lot more work, but there is more $$ to be made.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.