Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
35,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i understand 'chunk' now. But what is 'hero dirt'? Can someone post photos?

fc

·
padded
705 Posts
Hero dirt is what we're going to have at Demo after this week's rain. Pics cannot capture its awesomeness, it must be experienced.

·
rider
2,356 Posts
Hero dirt is the exact right consistency and moisture that almost no wrong can be done because traction is unbelievably good. One can ride like a deranged hero and the biggest risk is hurting your face from grinning too hard and too long.

Best example for me was '03 in Tahoe. We had three days of perfect light soaking rain and when it ended we waited 48 hours and went and did Armstrong/Toads. The Star Wars section on Toads was off the chart. Those big moto built berms that will normally blow out were solid and perfectly tacky. Near handlebar dragging warping was done.

·
On wuss patrol
5,158 Posts
Difficult to explain... almost impossible to photograph... you know it when you ride it.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Is there a smell to the forest as well? What if the sun is piercing through the fog and mist.

fc

·
I just wanna go fast!
1,943 Posts
PS- thanks alot for getting me stoked on a monday just before it rains all week. Now I gotta spend all week dreaming about hero dirt before I can go ride :)

1 - 20 of 94 Posts