Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
650b me
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turner's website only has L & XL Flux frames available. Is the current version being phased out to make way for ???

·
Registered
843 Posts
Higher BB and carbon would be sweet. Love my Flux now but if carbon becomes available I might have to add that to the stable.

·
650b me
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since we're making our wish lists, I would like a higher BB and shorter chainstays. The rest of the geometry is fine as-is. Don't really care about carbon. I'd actually prefer a US-fabricated aluminum frame.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Why carbon link? Experienced any flex or just for the bling?
Seems like too high stress an application for carbon. I'd prefer to keep alloy there myself.

I'm sure this will be included, but internal routing for a stealth dropper would be nice.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Last I heard when I got my Flux(just about one of the last ones available) was they were getting ready to bring some of the Burner features like the headtube to the Flux but the tubing supplier was having problems so they couldn't get material to build more of either kind of Flux at the moment.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Idea would be weight loss, but DT had an engineer analyze this at some point. Carbon on DW bike has lots of force on linkage. Some flex is a good thing BTW. KTM with steel frames are racking up lots of wins this year.

·
650b me
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Last I heard when I got my Flux(just about one of the last ones available) was they were getting ready to bring some of the Burner features like the headtube to the Flux but the tubing supplier was having problems so they couldn't get material to build more of either kind of Flux at the moment.
Hey, that's like...real information. Thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
The obvious new flux would easily take 26+ tires, and for my uses still take a 3x crankset on the front (and while dreaming the weight savings of carbon, and the classic open frame triangle of Turner, and Czar like back end).

While the interest and excitement for 27.5+ as a replacement for 29 isn't surprising, I'm really surprised how little news and choice there is around 26+.

Given the success of 27.5 in general compared to 29 for lots of people, theoretically 26.5+ as a replacement for 27.5 would be just as successful or more than 27.5+.

Maybe it'll take one or two more tire and rim models to make it takeoff, and a frame manufacturer or two to take advantage of it.

·
650b me
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Throw us a bone, Dave. I know, you've been busy with the RFX and all. It's just that I just passed on a killer deal on a Burner frame on eBay, because ultimately I think (not having ridden either) the Flux is more suitable for me.

Does the lack of availability on the Flux indicate a disruption in manufacturing, or is the 3.0 being discontinued in favor of something new?

·
650b me
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, looks like I'm a Burner owner now! The 'killer deal' on eBay that ended (and I thought had sold) came back to life and I decided it was my time. $1400 for an orange ano Burner 3.0 frame with Cane Creek DB Air shock! Frame is new (replaced under warranty) and shock has ~100 miles on it.

I only buy a new frame once every 6-8 years, so this is a big deal to me! I'm from the land of The Tribe, but I guess I'm a Homer now!

1 - 20 of 204 Posts