Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey endurance guys,

I've got 500 bucks, and want to get my 24hr light setup so i can start practicing.

What is the best way to go? I was thinking an HID headlamp with NiMH batteries, and a bar-mounted LED?

What do you guys think? Specific brand and model recommendations appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
385 Posts
Are you doing the race solo or on a team? If solo, you'll need a lot more batteries than one NiMH. You could probably find a Niterider Moab for about $500...battery will go up to 12 hours which would be plenty. Another solution is to try something like the Dinotte Ultra 5 LED setup from their endurance series of lights....about 6 hours of battery life with the Li-Ion battery...you could just buy a second battery and would still have money left in the bank.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sperky

I'm racing on a 4 person team.

I just pulled the trigger on a Light and Motion ARC Li-on set. Hopefully that is a good choice...

Do you know if it puts off a lot of heat? I'm concerned about overheating on the climbs due to a hot helmet-mounted light...

·
853+29+1x24=Fun
1,020 Posts
I know a couple of people that run that light on their helmet and I've never heard any compliants about it getting so hot that they felt it. I run a Niterider HID on my helmet with no problems like that either. They stay fairly cool as long as you have some air flowing over it, even on slower climbs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.